What's new

Laser Alignment

Dan Robinson

Grand High Plumber
Reaction score
Car
06 EX Tourer i-CTDI
Well, I am being evicted today...:(

So the missus can OCD our house. So I have decided to get the alignment checked on the car; seeing as it hasn't been done since the A-Spec got fitted, and it does pull a little to the left.

I noticed some weights have come off some of the rims as well, so I am hoping that that is the cause of the slight wobble I have under breaking.

Might not get a chance for piccies as I have the dude with me, but I will see what can be done.

So, I have checked they have the Hunter set up, and i have my 5% off voucher, so it is off to Welwyn.... Quite excited - which is worrying :lol:

How much are you paying Dan. I got the Hunter treatment on my last time and was £25 in Huddersfield. I got my two little printouts to show as well!

Not sure yet bud....

Dan you sould try Tony at Wheels In Motion in Hemel and mention TA.

impatience is my major weakness :lol: parked in the waiting area now trying to keep the dude entertained.

Supertyres in welwyn. they're jacking it up as i type....

jacking what up may i ask lol

a big lump of honda goodness :lol:

make sure they leave out the chillys

Well after an hour of waiting for the poor guy to give up fighting withe a Vectra, sorry Saab, I got mine on the Hawkeye thingy.

20 minutes later all was done.

Front OS toe was off slightly, steer ahead, rear NS toe and total toe were all off. The chap said it weren't too bad and that he enjoyed doing accords 'cos they were nice and easy.

Will post my before and afters later, but with a wheel balancing too the car feels better; but that could well be placebo :lol:

WIM guys and Tony are true geometry legends just dont talk about allignment monkeys to Tony he will tell you why even the places that have hunter systems dont know how to use them properly.

Dan, that won't be placebo - wheel balancing on the Accords makes all the difference. The steering on these cars is so sensitive that even 10g out can be felt.

Here we go.. I shall leave it to the experts to see how far off it was originally. there is certainly a difference in how the car handles. tomorrow we are off to a charity lunch for the Tsunami which will involve a good mix of A, M, B and minor roads so I shall *ahem* give it a test :lol:

laser.jpg

perhaps cj make a meet at oldum like last year lol