What's new

LCD Clock not changing with SatNav Clock

jason802

Reaction score
Car
2005 Executive 2.4
Hi all, been years since I've been on due to nothing needed doing on the Accord!

Just found a weird little issue though: changed the clock on the SatNav screen like usual and the time on the high-level LCD isn't changing :huh:.

I've been in and out of the menu a few times and the SatNav screen remembers the new time I've set, it's just not setting the LCD so the nav screen says 4:41 while the LCD says 5:41 :wacko:

Disconecting the LCD didn't help. Thinking I might need to pull the SatNav fuse and reconnect, just wondering if there's anything else to try before that?

Cheers for any help!

https://ibb.co/GvPm9fR

Hi Jason,

I have the same problem after the clock change. My thinking it has to do with "GPS Week number rollover" that April this year and affected many of the older GPS devices:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPS_Week_Number_Rollover

I have not thought about anything better than pulling the battery "-" terminal and reconnecting exactly at 1:00 hours as the clock is getting reset to 1:00am.
Interested to hear if anybody else has more elegant solution to this.

Regards,
Alexey Danilov

I was talking to a dude from Romania on the Facebook page, last week, who has the same problem.

Has anyone experienced this problem BEFORE the GPS change that affected older GPS units? e.g. last year or earlier.

Hi Richard,

For me it worked fine throughout all past time changes except the most recent on Saturday 26th of October. Also the top LCD clock used to synchronise to GPS time and you had to only adjust it by one hour each time daylight saving change occurs. Now I've noticed that minutes on LCD clock also drifted forward from the time on main display so apparently it no longer synchronises at all.

It would be interesting to know if 7gen accords with more recent voice sat nav (2006-2008) are affected by this.

Cheers,
Alexey

I have a 2006 with satnav and I adjusted the time via the touch screen a couple of weeks ago without a problem.

I got this sorted today. Pulled the satnav fuse first (no. 7 under the dash), but the LCD clock wasn't affected. Instead I removed the negative terminal on the battery and reconnected it after a few seconds, which reset the LCD clock to 1.00 as predicted.

All my SatNav favourites were retained, not sure about radio stations because I have none recorded. All I had to reset was the dashboard display from mileage to outside temp and the bass / treble settings on the stereo.

I reconected the battery at exactly 1.00.00pm but the clock has ended up just over a minute slow. That may be the time taken to secure the battery cable, start the car, load the SatNav and click the OK button. I'll do it again tomorrow a minute earlier and that should be about right.

A pretty simple fix to do twice a year when the clocks change. Saves me taping over the clock or buying another car that knows the chuffin time! :eek:

Looks like this is life with a pre-2006 Accord with Nav now. Thanks for your help everyone! :)

I have the same issue on my wife’s FRV.. never been an issue before in the 7+ years we’ve owned it. I thought something was wrong with the system..

I’ll have to give this a try

As mentioned above its due to a change in the GPS signal that happened at the of April that older systems cannot cope with. This clock change is the first one in the UK since then.

I've just come on to ask about this!

I haven't used the car much in the last year and it was off the road for 3 months with the battery disconnected. I started using it again in September and have had this issue with the clock not updating since.

I had ***umed it was down to having the battery disconnected (although it's not done this before) but it seems I'm not the only one with the issue. How annoying!!

Well that's a kicker, came here to make a post having done all the sensible disconnect the battery stuff. I wonder if it could ever be patched, I might have a dig round on the SatNav disc and see if it's buried in a file there.

Well something very weird happened this morning :)

Myself and a friend both with gen 7 & oem satnav had the same problem with the clock in that it couldn't be adjusted.

This morning, both cars decided to display the correct time again and all is well :)

Mine randomly changed itself twice in the last few weeks, not to the correct time though, so maybe they were starting to re-enable the service on the satellite signal

Well something very weird happened this morning :)

Myself and a friend both with gen 7 & oem satnav had the same problem with the clock in that it couldn't be adjusted.

This morning, both cars decided to display the correct time again and all is well :)

Yep mine too

Weirdly my wife came in today and said her clock was back to the correct time :)

Perhaps because of Brexit the UK is now in its own GPS universe where rollover week 1024 hasn't happened yet.

Seems like same thing has now happened to my 8th gen accord, I was curious if the 7th gens have been affected again. (My 7th gen didn't have a sat nav so wasn't aware of this issue until I had to change a bulb over new year). It's got the most up to date dvd WE 17-18 in it now.

My 07 with nav has the issue now as well. Battery went flat over new year. Now can't set the clock. Nav time is correct but won't sync with the display and it won't adjust in the settings. Sure the clock is set by the RDS on the radio?

Has anybody ever found a solution other than reconnecting the battery at midnight lol?

This could perhaps be a problem with the solder on the pins in the circuit board in the top display. I removed mine and cut away a small section of the white plastic to get to the pins. You can’t disassemble it to really get in there but I took a heat gun and gently heated it up. This seems to have fixed my problems with the top display. At first it wouldn’t sync with sat nav then would flicker and randomly cut out. I could get it back by pounding on it with my fist. The heat seems to have allowed the old brittle solder to reseat and allow for a complete circuit. No problems since.

This could perhaps be a problem with the solder on the pins in the circuit board in the top display. I removed mine and cut away a small section of the white plastic to get to the pins. You can’t disassemble it to really get in there but I took a heat gun and gently heated it up. This seems to have fixed my problems with the top display. At first it wouldn’t sync with sat nav then would flicker and randomly cut out. I could get it back by pounding on it with my fist. The heat seems to have allowed the old brittle solder to reseat and allow for a complete circuit. No problems since.
Thanks, that's not a bad idea. Will have a look at that through the week.

Cheers!

The top display problem is well known and is to do with the solder joints on the power connector drying up and cracking. Never heard this causing a synch issues and with the hundreds of other people reporting clock problems then I would suggest the GPS changed are the current issue.

The top display problem is well known and is to do with the solder joints on the power connector drying up and cracking. Never heard this causing a synch issues and with the hundreds of other people reporting clock problems then I would suggest the GPS changed are the current issue.