What's new

Leather Treatment

CJM

Dr. Diesel
Reaction score
Car
56 Accord Ex i-CTDI
So far there isn't a thread on treating the leather seats

I've tried various, but I find Gliptone Liquid Leather conditioner (I haven't tried the cleaner) very good and easy to use.

Best part is it fully restores the leather smell.

Ive tried the autoglym leather cleaner and leather cream. Works pretty good at bringing the leather back to life. I always use the cleaner first, then the cream. Apply regular and this feeds the leather keeping it looking at its best. Ive heard good things about the gliptone range. I will try it out when the autoglym has finished which will be a while yet.

AG Cleaner and Treatment for me too ;)

Ive got quite a few leather care products AG cleaner have not tried their cream, Simonz all in one cleaner / cream and both work well. However my preference is http://www.lttsolutions.net/lazy-leather.asp they also do dedicated auto leather products if you can stump the price.

Also check out their leather essence nothing better if you want that leather smell, dont use alot tho ;)

I had bought this http://www.valetpro....her-cream-500ml ages ago so instead of using the tried and tested gentle cleanse of LTT, I gave this a shot and guess what this thing blitzed it , it was so easy to use and left the leather in pristine condition.;)

Ive tried a few VP products recently and wow what a bang for your buck, so if you want a good job at a good price defo check out Valet Pro

TBH that what it good for as for the main thing cleaning well the results for me have been very poor. needless to say it was binned soon after.

CJ,

Have you got the cream interior ?

I have the dark grey and therefore tend to get away with using Autoglym Interior Shampoo, which I also use on the cream sofa and basically anything else that seems to be either delicate or have a stain that other cleaners cannot remove.

Did you not think that the gliptone conditioner worked well for you, or was it just the gliptone cleaner?

Yes bud I have cream leather interior, try the VP Argus Leather for 8 quid and 500ml it a superb price.

Cannot argue with that price for Valet Pro stuff, will give it a go sometime, have a couple of different products, megs, jew ultra, BMW and Autoglym as well as the gliptone, they all double up on the cream sofa !!

hi guys

i thought i read on a similar thread on the old forum that leather conditioners were of very limited use in the Accord. The reason given was the in cars like the Accord, the leather is effectively "painted", and not dyed, so the conditioners can really penetrate the leather through the paint???.....only if you had a car like a Ferarri etc...then the leather is dyed, so theres no barrier to stop the conditioner being absorbed...

Maybe i dreamt this one up?? B)

Barry have a good read here http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/caring-for-interior-surfaces.html

Oil based feeds are reserved for "true" leather but we still need to protect and clean the hybrid leather sandwich we have B)

HTH

Andy

I use the AG cleaner and cream on my black interior and have done so from new. The combination gives great results with no undue shine, and an as new appearance ...

Same here, Autoglym leather cleaner and then leather cream. My interior still looks as new..

Me too, I use the AG leather cleaner on my seats - keeps them clean. I also keep a pace of SIMONITZ leatehr wipes in the car in case of child accidents with food etc. AMBERSIL groom dry foam is good at cleaning the carpets / mats!!

I must be the only one using MEI blue bottle thing with a label boasting it's number 1 etc

Hi folks,
Awesome day outside today, so I took the initiative to look after my car interior today. Suspect in focus is 2000 Accord SE Exec with cream leather interior.
Products I have for leather care are AutoGlym Leather Cleaner and Leather Care Balm.

199959_10150163658992107_591462106_8662116_1308669_n.jpg

First time experience, so I was not sure how to go about this, apart from reading the directions on the products themselves. So I got a nice and clean cotton cloth out to clean the seats. I did not feel that my seats got massively cleaned up afterwards. To be fair, I have seen some videos on youtube afterwards, and they have sprayed tons of the liquid on the seats, which I did not do, so may be that was a mistake on my behalf.

Also, I noticed some parts of the seats were easy to clean compared to other, because of the detailing ...

190271_10150163667737107_591462106_8662195_4009037_n.jpg

Now onto some particular areas, I got a couple of scuffs and scratches on my front driver and passenger seats within last couple of months, which forced me to look into leather caring products.

189357_10150163671192107_591462106_8662214_8230872_n.jpg

189425_10150163671227107_591462106_8662215_7568529_n.jpg

Also on the passenger seat, a scratch caused by the Jeans of a friend :-(

196108_10150163671252107_591462106_8662216_7133837_n.jpg

200727_10150163671287107_591462106_8662217_5570324_n.jpg

These pictures are after I cleaned and applied the leather care balm, and I am not satisfied with the results so far. Could some one kindly tell me if I am doing something wrong, or is this an *acceptable* result after the cleanup ?

-Really confused detailer :-(

Hi,

I used to use Autoglym leather cleaner and to be honest I didn't get the results I wanted and moved on to the Gliptone leather cleaner and conditioner!

Hi,

I used to use Autoglym leather cleaner and to be honest I didn't get the results I wanted and moved on to the Gliptone leather cleaner and conditioner!

So how was your experience with Gliptone then? Anyone else see something wrong, as Fahad and some other people have said good things about AG ?
Cheers for reading.

So how was your experience with Gliptone then? Anyone else see something wrong, as Fahad and some other people have said good things about AG ?
Cheers for reading.
I will be detailing my Accord this week and will post a picture of the before and after Gliptone treatment to show how much of a difference it makes.