What's new

License plate bulb

AARON

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Accord ADAS
Please can someone tell me how to change the license plate bulb on my 2003 Accord ? I've tried from inside the bootlid with no joy.

Please can someone tell me how to change the license plate bulb on my 2003 Accord ? I've tried from inside the bootlid with no joy.
If its a saloon easy fix.At the top of number plate you will see a coloured trim the same colour as your car.
This needs to be prised off with a small flat screwdriver.Be careful not to scratch it i use a cloth over the driver.
Once this is removed just prise out on 1 corner the plastic housing of 1 of the 2 lights and you will see the lamp plugged in.
Its a 501 fitment this is also shown in the Honda manual if you have one.

As Brett has said.

An alternative way to remove the colour coded plate is from the inside of the boot lid, you should see the points of the clips, squeeze them together and push through.

A bit tricky and more work, but an alternative if your not good/ confident at prising things off.

Thanks for the prompt responses. I took Brett's advice. A quick 5 minute job.
My wife reckons that we are all Geeks on this forum, except when something needs fixing on her 1999 Accourd Coupe.

Funny that, my wife calls us that as well, until something needs doing and it saves hard currency.

Thanks for the prompt responses. I took Brett's advice. A quick 5 minute job.
My wife reckons that we are all Geeks on this forum, except when something needs fixing on her 1999 Accourd Coupe.
Nice one Ray glad to help lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can these bulbs be changed to an ice white colour bulb or LEDs?

I've seen some Audi's and Mercs with nice ice white licence plate lights- they would look pretty cool on the accord.. :)

leds are best fitment 501

With the type of bulbs I have it gives a nice even light around the plate. The bulb points downwards. If you were to use some bulbs with all the LEDs on the bottom, like this here, then I'd imagine you would get a cone type shape emitting from the lights over the plates ... which would result in it being brighter overall.

With the type of bulbs I have it gives a nice even light around the plate. The bulb points downwards. If you were to use some bulbs with all the LEDs on the bottom, like this here, then I'd imagine you would get a cone type shape emitting from the lights over the plates ... which would result in it being brighter overall.

i like the look of these: Ebay link but as you say id rather have an even light and not coned shaped. Do you have any pictures of yours in the dark?

I think those lights would be too bright for my liking :) I don't have any pics of them but if I get a chance tonight I'll try to get one in the dark to show you.

Here are some pics:

5596642704_6c6ebb0095_b.jpg

and

5596059061_663e15993b_b.jpg