What's new

Local Honda Dealer's Generosity

padraig

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Ex i-CTDi
Hi all,

I posted in the newbie section about my car and its issues and two current issues were that the clutch was gone and the VSA Module was broken. After talking to my local dealer, they said they'd get back to me but I didn't hold my breath because the car was outside of the extended warranties. Honda HQ got back to my local dealer and they said they wouldn't be able to do anything about it, so my local dealer told me to wait and they'd check out what they could do.

So, this morning I got a call. They said the garage would cover the new clutch, new dual-mass flywheel, and the VSA Module! Great News!

I've the car booked in for this Thursday.

I just thought I'd share my experience, I hope more people have positive experiences like this.

That's excellent. VSA modulator is covered under extended warranty anyway but you're extremely lucky to get the new clutch and DMF!!

That's excellent. VSA modulator is covered under extended warranty anyway but you're extremely lucky to get the new clutch and DMF!!

Actually, I've got >140,000 KMs on the car so the VSA modulator isn't covered by the extended warranty (up to 100,000KMs) but my local dealer is sorting it for me! Fair play to them :lol:

Ah ok, then you're right - that's an exceptionally nice gesture by them.. Hope you're taking the service manager a nice bottle of something :lol:

Ah ok, then you're right - that's an exceptionally nice gesture by them.. Hope you're taking the service manager a nice bottle of something :lol:

Ya, I think I'll have to alright :( haha

I had a look at my warranty and thinking about it, it "may" for some strange reason be applicable.

I think the reason I'm getting it is because my car had a 12 month, 10,000 mile warranty, and I've had the car for 10 months but have done about 25,000 miles. So, they are probably honouring the 12 month section of the warranty I think.

Would ye have any ideas about this? - that mileage sometimes doesn't count?

Who was the previous owner of the car ?

There was one previous owner, the accountant of the dealer where I got the car from.

Ex news Padraig i wish all claims were as good as that.It pays then to have that Honda warranty i no a few members were asking about it on here.

yay for you mate... glad tidings indeed.