What's new

Mist jet washer nozzles

93 accord

The 4th gen'er
Reaction score
Car
1993 Accord CB3
There are Hondas out there, mostly 2000 onwards, that the windscreen washer jets spray a mist onto the screen rather than a jet of water. This i like and wish to change on mine.

Anybody any ideas how i can find out which model Hondas run these.

For starters, do the 7th 8th gen Accords have them?

Jazz jets fit both the 5th and 6th Gen, but Citroen Xsara Jets are far far better, although a little bit big.

Xsara jet next to an ATR jet.

Jets01.jpg

Jets02.jpg

Driver's side fitted -

Jets03.jpg

Both sides fitted (after a quick trip to Halfords to buy a t-bar pipe splitter as i managed to break the one of the car using BF&I pulling the tubes off the old washer jets!)

Jets04.jpg

A video inside the car with the driver's side fitted -

As above from the outside -

Both sides fitted, video from the inside -

A* for that reply! in fact i think ill rep point you!

something tells me you have answered this type of question already somewhere

right did you have any fitment issues? I ***ume that was on your ATR, the ATR standard jets appear to be the same as my standard jets, so im hoping the fitment will be the same.

I had these on my 5th Gen and swapped them to the ATR. They actually fitted better on the 5th.

They are perhaps a little loose, but it will be easy to make a clip underneath to tighten them up. I like them loose as i can remove them easy when cleaning the bonnet.

I bought some Jazz jets for the Prelude and they were *****, although there may note have been quite enough pressure on the Lude washers. The water pattern was no where near as good as the Xsara jets.

Right, better start looking for some Xsara mist jets then, first stop ebay!

Mine is gen7 and supposedly has mist! when I operate this function all that happens is my wipers speed up, there are no jets on the bonnet itself.

Cliff, the 7th gen jets are on the scuttle, they do mist, well, one of mine mists, and the other is gubbed and puts out a single jet of water

Ok well i bought some, just a few currencies off of ebay

Look fine on the 4th gen, but have an issue, pipes are kinked under bonnet due to different direction of where the pipe connects to. Going to Halfrauds to get some piping and lengthen it, hoping that will sort out the resulting problem of lack of pressure to make the mist come fully up the windscreen.

Ok well i bought some, just a few currencies off of ebay

Look fine on the 4th gen, but have an issue, pipes are kinked under bonnet due to different direction of where the pipe connects to. Going to Halfrauds to get some piping and lengthen it, hoping that will sort out the resulting problem of lack of pressure to make the mist come fully up the windscreen.
You can get "L" shaped bends in Halfords if you need to change the direction of the pipe work. Just couple it up with a bit of new pipe and away you go...

Guys,

I need to order a new pair as i have driver side ( slightly taller ) has a blockage and can't fix it. I need to order a new one. please advise with part number or link for reasonable price.

Cheers

don't know the PN but about £25 if I remember correctly. The 7gen is abit more than just a nozzle hence the price.

Does anyone have a clue what size is the hole in the bonnet for jet nozzle? I found dirt cheap Volvo V70 mist nozzles from a local store, and they say hole should be 10mm.