What's new

Most abbrasive/strongest swirl remover used

mohammed

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
accord icdti
was wondering what is the most abbrasive/strongest swirl remover you guys have used to treat your honda(s).the most abbrasive(taking into consideration the fragile like paint work of hondas)i have used is the megs swirl X/ ...or megs scracth Xv2,i have not used anything much stronger(bit afraid too :unsure: )also what kind of pads are you guys using, i was using the megs yellow buffing pad/and to finish off the megs black finishing pad. has anyone had and resultrs using cutting pads??? just trying to get a open view of everyone,result pics would be great too.

B) you got any links from where you get them bud, thats for the Menzerna 85RE and Lake Country 140 mm Constant Pressure Green Pads,(or is it an ebay search) and you say 98% correction bud?that is impressive..(as its alot of work to get even near 100%)so sounds impresssive.

thanks for the link buddy, :) i have been using megs swirl x but (it could be the pad im using) im finding that there is still alot of swirl marks remaining(especially visable under strong lighting)so i think i need a more of stronger/better product alond with better pads, im also finding if i use the megs pads over time they tend to detach themselves from the sticking pad fixed to the back(the bit that sticks to the 7" backing plate)prob due to prolonged use :unsure:

i think your right along this buddy, iv done e few cars using the swirl x, it seems good on door andle bit and smallarea defects but the ag stuff seems better,this is even after warming up the swirl x for about 3min on 3000rpm then working it into the paintwork at 4-5000, still aint great,im on the look out for some new stuff bro, i think i will try the Menzerna 85RE, also the megs ntech wax (bottle) i does prove alot of hard work to get off using microfibre cloths after using the wax with the da ploisher :(

G3 has a new range out, stage 1 to 5 etc. i have the stage 2 scratch remover, and that stuff works, period.

doh! my bad.

iv never really goner crazy with the swirl x bud,in all honesty, i do get some some nice reflections fo my paintwork,and great beading bud mostly that has been after going obver the car with ag super resin polish and ag gloss protection and a few layers of ntech wax in between.how will i know if the clear coat is n ot safe bud???(gettinhg me worried now..) :unsure:

LOL wrong thread dude... :lol: :lol:

Breaking in a new install of Firefox... having trouble with the back button :(.

Oh, and Paul Junior's Fiancee Racheal is putting me off phoawarrr.... :lol:

they only way to tell is paint reading where you have hit it with S X and the ones you haven't .. the problem is these paint thread reader are not cheap..

right...i dont know where (if i can) get that done/checked, although as my car has been in a really reputable bodyshop recently, i did ask for the painter to go over the car and let me know if the car needede extra work,(to get scratches and dents out lol)the painter did say car paintwork was in good nick.... :) apart from a few stone chips etc. but i will need to get the front bumper|(excluding lip)repainted and numberplate holes filled when my oem honda jdm plate mount goes on..

cj i tke it that Menzerna 85RE is not very abbrasive as its suitable for softer paintwork, how many layers do you apply/or need to apply?is it easy to work with?what do you use to protect it with?sorry for the questions buddy but i want toi get this right before i go any further on my paintwork ;)

My Accord was swirl city when I got it, after a bit of testing I've got virtually 99% correction using Menzerna PO85RD with the Menzerna orange pad. It took two or three passes to get the level of correction I was looking for. This was followed with Megs #7 glaze and a few coats of Colli.

My Accord was swirl city when I got it, after a bit of testing I've got virtually 99% correction using Menzerna PO85RD with the Menzerna orange pad. It took two or three passes to get the level of correction I was looking for. This was followed with Megs #7 glaze and a few coats of Colli.

was this using da polsher or by hand bud? any pics???

was this using da polsher or by hand bud? any pics???

I use a DA. I've some pics but on my phone, I'll take some next time I'm out cleaning! One thing I have noticed is the Megs #7 is more prone to holograms, I don't know if it's the paint, me or my microfibre cloths are on the way out! I've never had it on any car I've done before and I've done plenty. Might try Poor Boys BH with a very soft pad instead of the Megs glaze.