What's new

MTEC discs and pads

jakey.goodman

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Sport GT
Hi all!

My brake discs and pads are in need of replacing soon, and just trying to weigh up the different options. I have been looking at the MTEC Front and Rear Grooved/Dimpled disc with Mintex pad, and can get them for around £180. These seem to have really really good reviews from the chaps on the Civinfo forum. One concern for me though is noise- are the grooved disc likely to be really loud and uncomfortable under heavy braking? I can't seem to find an answer to this. I really like the smoothness of the accord, so don't really want to take this away.

Has anyone on here fitting MTEC disc and have any opinions on there suitability for the accord?

Thanks all,
Jake

Jake give HH a call we have a discount code with them for OEM parts.If you want the code PM me.

hi had mtec discs on my st220 the braking power out weighed the noise by miles , but saying that they were noisey but i will be putting them on the type s when the time comes

I had EBC on my Celica, discs were dimpled and grooved, Cannot recall them being more noisier than standard ones.
I know quite a few guys were praising MTEC, and don't think anyone complained about noise.

Whicever you go for,make sure you embed the brakes properly!!!!

Hope this helps!!

I have them, bit noisier under braking but nothing much really. If/when I get another set I'll defo go for one of the coated options. By the way, I used Ceretec instead of copper grease and it's been great.