What's new

Navi Car Stereo acting up

Andrius

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord mk7
Hi guys,

I've got a weird problem with my nav sat stereo unit on my 7th gen Accord. First of all, it started when it slipped off jack trolley onto axle stand being moved. It landed on the spot marked below and it only bend some plastic/metal there and didn't do visible damage(only underneath). I was quite happy with the outcome, until...
Untitled.jpg

When I turn on the car - navi unit turns on and works fine, but radio is not turning on and screen over the dash panel is not showing anything. A/C controls below unit works fine and I can control it, but on the screen it says "Turn on the engine first" even though it's on and working.

The craziest part is - it just turns on whenever it likes while driving(Yesterday for the first time in a month it turned on together with engine lol). After it turns on - it works perfectly until you turn off car again. It doesn't matter if you start it straight away - it still needs time to turn stereo on. I put a video on youtube of it acting up

Youtube video

I don't even know where to start looking. I didn't check the fuses, but it wouldn't make sense as it is working randomly.

Thanks for your help!