What's new

Need EGR blanking and remapping

Zak321

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord
I'm looking to get my EGR blanked and remapping done. Any ideas where I can get it done and costs involved???

Does this have any effect on MOT? I been told that if the emission get tested then you can't blank the EGR? Correct?

Nope no issue with mot

Highly recommend Fahad. Had his map on my accord for years and never had an issue with running or mot.
He is an expert in his field

Just had this done by Fahad. You won't meet a nicer Guy!! He knows these motors inside out. Money well spent me thinks! :wub:

You must've been the other one today Mossyman1.

Fahad just stage 2'd my car and it's a revelation.

Ian and Matt, thanks for the feedback and kind words. I try to keep everyone happy.

Hi Matt! Yep. Fahad was Stage 1 ing mine at lunch time! Still got some work to do......intake manifold is rammed with soot and the turbo needs a clean. 160k of recycled diesel exhaust fumes to clean up won't be easy! Can't wait to unleash the extra horses :ph34r: !! You happy with yours then?

Very happy with mine. Like a totally different car.
Being a bike guy like yourself, any throttle lag feels horrendous as I'm used to an instant response. Getting a diesel that responds on demand has improved the drive to work no-end.

My old motor had 148k of EGR grot in it. I feel your pain.

Problem is, it's soft and sticky and makes an awful mess. Torching it makes it hard and crispy and it drops out as it cools.

Just ordered the gasket and two tins of industrial soot remover! Can't wait to get stuck in......

The end result is very satisfying, and I'm sure the car will feel infinitely better for it.

Car's probably due a glug of injector cleaner too.
Mine's been supping a double dose of redex since I bought it.

When I pulled the turbo out, it was surprisingly clean on the exhaust side.

Pre engine swap I was getting 36mpg. After that became 44mpg average.

The changes (apart from the motor thanks to a broken pump chain) were:

Replacement turbo core (mine was knackered)
Replaced injector nozzles and needles
Manifold / swirl flap cleaning

Not a bad way to find 20% more economy.

Yeh I have run a couple of bottles of Rhino cleaner thru it. Fahad said injectors 2&3 were a little out of tolerance but It'll do for now......
Not sure if I fancy tackling the turbo clean......is it a DIY job? Don't mind having a go but I can't f***; it up - the Mrs needs the car for work daily! Too much pressure!! :wacko:

It's not a bad job at all, but there's always the possibility of breaking a manifold stud if it's never been off before.

Draining the coolant and removing the turbo should take less than 30 mins. 45 mins for disassembly, cleaning and reassembly, 30 mins to re-install, and fill and bleed the cooling system.

If it's performing correctly, and you can't afford to have it out of commission I'd something goes wrong, getting the motor terracleaned may be the safest bet. It'll clean the motor and the turbo, and would be a great accompaniment to having just done an intake clean.

^^ agreed with above totally, although I would factor a bit more time if you've not attempted something like this before. It's probably a job for a Friday afternoon. If anything goes wrong then you have Saturday to get to the dealers or a breaker for new bits

Ummmmm! Will attempt the manifold first! If all goes well I might delve into the turbo :unsure: