What's new

New 8th Gen Accord EX owner :)

t sport 1978

Members
Reaction score
Car
EX 2.4 8th Gen
First of all, hello to you all and look forward to chatting with you guys in the future.

I have just jumped ship from a Toyota Auris T180 to an 8th gen Accord 2.0 EX (pending financial clearence!) but the car sold itself to me and i cant wait to take it home :)

So, I am just wanting to gauge what 8th gen petrol owners out there are experiencing and how are they finding their car? Also any common problems to look out for.

Many thanks in advance and if you want to ask me anything about Toyota's you can as i have owned a few, but i thought it's time to give Honda a try :)

Hi Des

While I'm not a petrol owner (derv is the way to go ;) ), I too have an EX model. Do you have the ADAS and other toys attached to it? I'd be interested to see how your fuel burn is in contrast to the diesel. I'm sure you will love your 8th Gen every bit as I am. As for problems, I think you'll be hard pressed to find anything...certainly not mechanical anyway!

Welcome to the site too.

Thanks all.

The trim level is what surprised me about the Accord, it has so much toys that I thought they were all optional extras, when i was told that they were standard i just thought wow.

Not too sure if i have ADAS, would this be standard? I am still getting myself familiar with Honda's technologies, this is my first Honda.

I have the following notable trims... Parking camera, parking sensor, electric folding mirrors, DVD Nav, premium audio with CD changers and subwoofer, full leather, GPS linked climate control???. From this list can you deduce if they were all actually standard in the EX trim?

That's the standard ex trim mate - the GPS linked climate control just means they share the same screen though - it ain't that posh ;)

ADAS is optional though I think, but CJ will know more - there should be a linky somewhere with all the details.

Well, finance cleared and just waiting for it to arrive in my account now :)

Just a quick question, how many keys should i expect with my car? And also do Honda's do the valet key that has no remote?

Many thanks in advance.

Well, finance cleared and just waiting for it to arrive in my account now :)

Just a quick question, how many keys should i expect with my car? And also do Honda's do the valet key that has no remote?

Many thanks in advance.

Congrats!

You should get two keys with the car, both remote ones. BTW, is it a new build you're having or a used one? (Not that it matters because the Accord 8th Gen is a fantastic machine in every respect and aspect).

Congrats!

You should get two keys with the car, both remote ones. BTW, is it a new build you're having or a used one? (Not that it matters because the Accord 8th Gen is a fantastic machine in every respect and aspect).

Cheers A-EX, should get my mits on it latest Monday :D

Thanks for the info, just wanted to know what to expect.

Its a 59 reg used (1.5 years old) with less than 4000 miles on the clock.

I have the petrol model. I normally get around 35mpg between fill-ups, but that's a 50/50 mix of around town and motorway mileage.

I drove it to Chester and back recently, from Kent, and it averaged 43mpg. Although it's always quite satisfying to see the trip computer tell you that you have about a 600 mile range after filling up, it's a large tank, which means it costs a bit at the pumps nowadays. :(

Like others have said, nothing seems to go wrong with the car. I've had my one for just over a year now, also buying it with just 4k on the clock. I've now done 15k, and not had any gremlins with it at all. You will love the car when you get it!

I have the petrol model. I normally get around 35mpg between fill-ups, but that's a 50/50 mix of around town and motorway mileage.

I drove it to Chester and back recently, from Kent, and it averaged 43mpg. Although it's always quite satisfying to see the trip computer tell you that you have about a 600 mile range after filling up, it's a large tank, which means it costs a bit at the pumps nowadays. :(

Like others have said, nothing seems to go wrong with the car. I've had my one for just over a year now, also buying it with just 4k on the clock. I've now done 15k, and not had any gremlins with it at all. You will love the car when you get it!

Well I had a running average of 38MPG in the diesel Auris overall, in purely town driving it use to average around 36mpg, on a long run it does around 43MPG. Not the greatest for a diesel you would agree :) So the jump back to a petrol shouldnt hurt as much as some might suggest for me anyway, but i am looking forward to not have diesel related problems anymore (i.e DPF).

By the sound of things the Accord is actually reasonable on fuel which is always a good thing :)

I am looking forward to all the toys actually, and no more diesel clatter!

Well, I am officially the new owner of a gen 8 Accord and.... :wub:

Trying to get use to the size of it, having come from the Auris, the Accord takes getting use to.

Loving it so far.

Well, I am officially the new owner of a gen 8 Accord and.... :wub:

Trying to get use to the size of it, having come from the Auris, the Accord takes getting use to.

Loving it so far.

Yes its a BIG car in every respect. Like you, I have been meaning to slap a few pix up, just havent had the right opportunity to do so. Congrats mate, if your face is smiling as anything as mine was (and still IS!) you will really love this car.

To top it off, its so rare on the roads, it holds its own exclusivity and thats certainly something people will envy when they see it. :D

Yes its a BIG car in every respect. Like you, I have been meaning to slap a few pix up, just havent had the right opportunity to do so. Congrats mate, if your face is smiling as anything as mine was (and still IS!) you will really love this car.

To top it off, its so rare on the roads, it holds its own exclusivity and thats certainly something people will envy when they see it. :D

I am actually going out to get some juice for it in a mo... Thats the excuse i gave the missus anyway so i can go for a drive :lol:

Indeed it is rare, and yes my neighbour have already mentioned how good it looked :)

very nice Des ;)

Totally stunning Des

Cheers for the comments, i have to admit that before owning one, never thought the Accord was a particularly good looking car.

But it's a looker and so understated, some subtle but nice lines that creates nice shades.

I will be updating the flickr account with photos (2 more today), feel free to rumage now and again and enjoy :)

Took a lead from you and (finally!) added some of my own pics as well...

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/3880-8th-gen-accord-ex/

Enjoy! :D

It does - and thats why I opted for it over that German rubbish "me too" mobiles from Merc/Audi/BMW.

Pound for pound, the Accord has much more on offer with near perfection when it comes to robustness and reliability. :D

It does - and thats why I opted for it over that German rubbish "me too" mobiles from Merc/Audi/BMW.

Pound for pound, the Accord has much more on offer with near perfection when it comes to robustness and reliability. :D

You are not wrong.

A mate's M3 (59 plate) have had several warranty issues (electrical) already and she is not happy...

Also my gf's Audi A3 has gremelins like reverse sensor fault and then magically fixes itself, oxygen sensor fault, burns lots of oil and it has such little kit that it cant really justify its price.

German cars seems to do well behind this quite unfounded reputation of reliability, and their desirability as well. Neither quality are something that makes GOOD cars... I think the Japanese have got it right, make it good first and foremost!