What's new

New Accord Owner, Roof Rails?

Rustyrescue

Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hi, I have always fancied an Accord 7th Generation tourer, though old I think they are so well built. I have just today got an early 2006 registered cdti tourer Executive. It has no roof bars and I fancied fitting some.
I believe this car is a facelift but am unsure?
Am I able to fit roof rails from the outside without e headliner removal?
If it is doable, what do I need other than the rails and fittings,,,,,,,,,,,are the black mouldings cut to suit or different so needed.
Thanks for any help.

I believe the 2005 onwards have slightly longer rails on the Tourer with different mounting points. I think all facelift roof rails are black whereas pre-facelift are silver. The mounts are torx I believe and should be present even on Tourers not originally fitted with them. I can’t say that for sure though. You may try lifting (or sliding) the moulding to see if mounts are there.

I believe the 2005 onwards have slightly longer rails on the Tourer with different mounting points. I think all facelift roof rails are black whereas pre-facelift are silver. The mounts are torx I believe and should be present even on Tourers not originally fitted with them. I can’t say that for sure though. You may try lifting (or sliding) the moulding to see if mounts are there.
thanks, it does have fittings under the black trims, so I need to decide which rails are needed. My car was registered early January 2006 but I think it may be a pre facelift?? I am not sure what changed.

In the attached photos you can see the difference. The pre-facelift cars (2003-2005) like the silver one have shorter silver rails with the front beginning where the two doors meet (middle of B-pillar?). The rails on facelift cars are longer, black and the front starts above the front passengers head foreward of the point where the two doors meet.

In the attached photos you can see the difference. The pre-facelift cars (2003-2005) like the silver one have shorter silver rails with the front beginning where the two doors meet (middle of B-pillar?). The rails on facelift cars are longer, black and the front starts above the front passengers head foreward of the point where the two doors meet.

Attachments

• IMG_8434.jpg
    IMG_8434.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8435.jpg
    IMG_8435.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 16
Another tell-tale sign it is a facelift is that there is no chrome section on the bonnet. On pre-facelift cars there is a chrome piece mounted front and center on the bonnet itself which forms part of the grill. This is difficult to see in the photos but on the silver car you may see the upper chrome piece on the grill is slightly higher than the headlights whereas on the brown car the top line of the grill is at the same level as the top of the headlight.

Thank you, that is nice and clear on the rails......I am not sure if my car is facelift or pre facelift I will look tomorrow! it is on the cusp by age, I think it may be pre facelift.

I have found a set of rails, not arrived yet but off a pre facelift car like mine. Has anybody fitted rails before to one? I ***ume I need to remove the black insert trims running the length of roof and screen and then cut them where the rail fittings go. The rails are coming with some roof inserts too so I may be lucky.