What's new

New Accord Review in Auto Express

jabal

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 iCTDI Sport GT
Hi guys,

This a link to the latest review in Auto Express which as usual is not totally accurate and biased towards BMW and Audi. :rolleyes:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/newreviews/273184/honda_accord.html?CMP=NLC-Newsletters&uid=6509551cc79f6d2f5d48db9bfbbf2d0e#lastComment

What? No turbo's....

What? No turbo's....

Dan they seem to be saving them for the new Type R! :rolleyes:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/273562/honda_civic_type_r_is_back.html?CMP=NLC-Newsletters&uid=6509551cc79f6d2f5d48db9bfbbf2d0e

Yes but what about all that dieselly goodness?

It's a shame that no matter how hard the Japanese try to compete against the Germans the car magazines never give them enough credit for their efforts or they are always falling short
:(

Safety and Reliability; 5 star NCAP rating and 2nd in JD Power, why only 4 out of 5 stars? :rolleyes:

That has to be the worst "article" I have seen to date on the Accord.

Without wanting to be banned for the high levels of profanity I wish to express here, I wouldnt wipe a camels backside with that joke of a "review".

That is all.

The 8th gen is a super car in my books and a pleasure to drive.
I could have brought a German car with the money i spent on mine but didn't.
The amount of toys you get in an Accord as standard would cost thousands for any German car.

The 8th gen is a super car in my books and a pleasure to drive.
I could have brought a German car with the money i spent on mine but didn't.
The amount of toys you get in an Accord as standard would cost thousands for any German car.

Totally agree with u mate and they far more reliable by miles

Chill out guys. That review was not that bad to be fair and there only gripe was the way the Accord drives and they were not really that harsh about that either. Its not rear wheel drive so it cant compete with the 3 series or C class but then the Accord doesn't have a dirty great transition tunnel running through the middle effectively turning the rear seats in to a 2 seater. But then these are journalists and don't have to live with the thing on a daily basis so driving dynamics are always going to be paramount over little things like practicality.

So to summarise the Accord has an awkward boot which is true and does not drive as well as a rear wheel drive car which is also true. Other than that they are quite complimentary. I don't see what all the fuss is about.???

Hmmmm I'm not sure the article is balanced. Floyd Mayweather and Larry Merchant spring to my mind- I can see the Accord crying "You never give me a fair shake".

I don't go with the reviews on that site, they often seem biased to certain brands. Some of the stuff I've read over the years for various cars hasn't been correct IMO.

I wouldn't call the Ford Mondeo and Vauxhall Insignia rivals! As for matching the badge appeal of Audi and BMW, says it all really that comment! There's more to a car than so called badge appeal..........if indeed you go for that kind of thing.

Yeah, lot's of reviewers never give credit where it's due, rather than pitching it agianst the 3 series and A4 and C class they should realise that in the end it is a family sedan, sure honda wants it to compete with the 3 series e.t.c and I think it does but reviewers are always biased towards the german for their "impeccable build quality" such as my parent's old M-Class which decided that the window switch belonged under the center console rather than attatched to it. Great handling- just like the C-class which liked to crash around whilst taking a mildly fast corner, or maybe great ride quality like the Audi, S lines.
Why can't reviewers just get over the japanese image of the car and treat it equally. It's a fine car, sure the transmission tunnel is annoying but then it's not meant to have 5 adults sitting in it and actually it's mighty comfortable with two adults and a child in the rear bench, plus the interior design is really ergonomic and well presented but yes it does have too many buttons for it's own good, but the car overall is good and revieweers just tdon't understand :(