What's new

New Owner - few questions

whippet

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord i-cdti
Hi All, just bought a 2006 Accord 2.2 I-cdti executive, 1 owner from new with 100k miles and full honda history, love the car how it drives with a really supple ride and super smooth and refined diesel engine, was not aware of the exhaust manifold issues before buying the car, a couple of questions does every manifold fail at some point, mine at the moment seems ok no smell in cabin or at the back of the engine bay, if at some point it cracks and the options would be asking honda uk , or has anyone used the pattern manifolds on ebay approx £69, also approx what would be the labour hours be at an independent and finally does the garage in Bradford still do the the job for £200, Thanks David.

Hopefully it will last ok, been through all paperwork nothing showing its been changed, no recall in uk

Welcome along, no sorry my mechanic isn’t offering the welding anymore. It’s now cheap enough to buy a pattern part from eBay with gaskets and have it fitted.

you can't really go wrong with the ebay parts these days. the ebay part I fitted from transitparts had slightly different dimensions from OE(not on the flange or exhaust port side mind you, simply the total geometry) and so the turbo was a little difficult to slide back on, but other than that I have faith in the part and I'm very pleased with the price.

I really hope it lasts because welding with oxy acetylene preheating is a pain in the ***

Thanks all for the replies, after reading through past posts regarding manifolds cracking and being welded things have moved on since those posts with pattern manifolds now available , on my car the original has lasted 13 years so not bad going hopefully it will stay leak free for the foreseeable, but if at some point it fails i will cross that bridge if and when it happens, love the car.