What's new

No red oil lightbon dashboard...

batori

Reaction score
Car
2.2 ctdi accord
Hi,

I am having a problem with my 2004 2.2 ctdi accord.

The oil light doesnt come on whdn turning the ignition key nor does it show when the oil level is low...

I have tried to diagnose the problem with delphi obd but nothing shows up.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Was it working and has stopped working or have you never seen it? If you’ve never seen it then I strongly suspect the previous owner has had the bulb removed or disabled to hide an underlying oil pressure problem. Does your engine warning light work or is that not working either when you turn the ignition on?

By the way the oil light relates to oil pressure and is not an oil level light. Unless your oil level is so low that it’s impacting oil pressure then you won’t expect this to illuminate anyway.

Hi,

Check engine light is working as it comes on sometimes when i floor the car for the first time after ignition... The car suddenly chokes
.. And sometimes shiluts off, sometimes i change gears and the car continues to work notmally.... In that situation i have seen check engine light... I have never seen oil ligjt come on thats Why i had to change engine because i was ruined because i lost all the oil...there is a small leak some where on the right side but i cant see it... I need to check further when i get back home.

I will try to open the dash, and check for the bulb...