What's new

Nokia N97 and HFT

jakey.goodman

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Sport GT
I have been having a few problems with the Nokia N97 since I bought the car. The phone will pair and everything, but error when I try to make a call!

I went to France over xmas, and though I would try it again while driving down- it worked!

I decided to do some investigating, why would it work in France but not the UK. There was no logical explanation. Then it hit me, internet roaming...

When I was on the ferry, I decided to disable all internet to stop ridiculous data roaming charges mounting up. Well I have done some testing in the UK and for me it works every time with the internet off!

Not sure the best way to solve this long term, as I do use the internet a lot. I am thinking about writing an application that disable internet when in car mode? Not sure how to go about doing this though!

well iv nether heard of that before thatsmad.there is a list of compatible phones on there website but can't think of the address.im sure its in the handbook.

well iv nether heard of that before thatsmad.there is a list of compatible phones on there website but can't think of the address.im sure its in the handbook.

I have seen the list, and it's incompatible lol. l always have to try things for myself though!

thats probably why it works only with the net off.

I had that problem with my N97.
Thank goodness my contract was comming to an end so once it did I went straight for the Iphone. What a differance.