What's new

NSF window took a dive!

Angry Ant

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Sigh, okay, so whilst we're waiting for the Insane Shafts to arrive for the 2.4l, the NSF window decided it was feeling a bit attention starved as well. Tonight I tried to open it from the driver's door control module whilst sitting in traffic but all it did was click and run the motor, no window movement at all, after several failed attempts to get it to submit I leaned over to press outward on the glass to see if maybe it had become stuck to the door seal, it promptly dropped like a hot potato in to the bowels of the door. The rearward section actually stayed supported where it was, the forward end of the glass is what let go and rotated forward and down into the door. It was pouring rain but some gorilla tape saved the day to get me home. What on earth??

As I am currently tasked with changing the drive shafts and the starter motor, I have run out of problem solving mental bandwidth to figure out what needs fixing with the window. Has anybody else had this happen to them and will you share with me your findings please? Like I said before, the motor did make the initiating click noise and then whirred as if it was at least trying hard to open the window, I'm thinking this might mean the fault is not with the regulator, in all honesty I have no clue.

I guess these things come in threes so let's hope this is the last of it for a while.

Many hopeful thanks in advance.

Probably the glass has become detached from the regulator support and the regulator has dropped and the glass was stuck.
Take the doorcard off and see if you can reattach the regulator to the glass, it may only need reseating and tightening.

As said it sounds like the window stuck when you used the button the mechanism went down without the glass.

Never had this issue with my accord but in previous cars it's a case of taping the window closed, normally a couple of bolts to loosen on the regulator mechanism before bringing it up to meet the window glass and then clamping it back on.

Im not a very competent person car wise preferring to get a garage to do most jobs but I have done it before without issues.

Thank you very much! Really helpful. For some reason I didn't get a notification for your replies. I will investigate as suggested and report my findings.