What's new

OEM suspension parts or aftermarket?

liamski

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 i-CTDI Diesel
Hi,

I need a new upper control arm on 2005 2.2 icdti accord. I an get the Ocap for about £70 and slightly more for the Meyle brand. Does anyone know the OEM for this part? It's lasted 115k miles and I plan to do the same mileage again so want one that will last. I've read mixed reviews on both the Ocap and Meyle - I wonder should I go for the Moog brand which is twice the price. Apparently Ocap are an Italian brand and are the OEM for Maserati and Lamborghini so they must be fine.

Any thoughts?

I've replaced both UCAs over the last couple of years. Both were aftermarket (one was Ocap) and both appear to be fine... I hadn't realised that Ocap were Italian though. I'm not sure that I find Italian engineering reassuring?

Ocap are fine. I know the concern about engineering, but hey, we all have to live with stereo-types :) (says the Irishman in Jamaica - everyone thinks I'm either drunk or high most of the time :blink: )

Anyhow, as a personal preference I tend to use Meyle for no other reason that it "feels" like better quality. But this is in no way a proper metric.