What's new

Oil leak

Neilos84

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2004 2.2ictdi
2010 diesel auto, seem to have quite a bad oil leak, any common problems to be looking for? Not been under car to check this. It got full service history and has 65k on clock. Only bought it 3 weeks ago and have got rac platinum warrenty with it. Also i believe its using/losing coolant

stellamon

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2i-DTEC
either take it back to the seller and ask them to get it sorted, or take it to a reputable garage and have them diagnose the problems. Then take it back to the seller and tell them to fix the problems that have been found.

F6HAD

Affiliate / Co-Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
2009 Accord IDTEC
I’ve got the same car with 201k on the clock. Doesn’t use a drop of oil or coolant.

F6HAD

Affiliate / Co-Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
2009 Accord IDTEC
Without you getting under the car, cleaning it up and then keeping an eye on where it’s coming from, it’s just guesswork. If both fluids are leaking from the same area then it might be around the turbo. If it’s been off the car and the gaskets not renewed then this could be causing it.

Channel Hopper

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 7 Estate 2005
Yea but must cover something, as car is registered with them
Like vehicle excise it may no longer be transferable between owners, but you may have to check with the RAC.

Have you got the document that covers the registration of the vehicle along with the date it was issued ?