What's new

Oil warning light honda accord 2.4

honda_saj

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
Hi people do you guys have to top up oil between services or not ?
As I have had my oil light flash up, I topped up about a month and just saw light flash again.

Regards,
Saj

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

It's not uncommon, how much oil did you top up with initially and how many miles have you travelled since the light flashed again?

I added 2l have done around 1500 - 1800 driving around london where we have a lot of Start stop driving I have just checked the dipstick and oil level is super low although the oil light has not flashed again I will top up and make note of mileage ? Any suggestions I do drive the engine hard at times.

I thought the oil light only came on to warn of low oil pressure and not low oil level?

I believe its both ?

I am thinking of getting leakdown test done

Would also look out for blue smoke from exhaust on start up. My sisters jazz drink oil yet no blue smoke, no leaks, it's odd

No blue smoke

I can't see any oil leaks or puddles although I see little bit of smoke if I throttle hard in first gear. Will top up and write date and mileage on bottle and update

I believe leakdown test is the way forward as recently purchased car and believe seller didn't mention issue

i have topped up 3l and made a note of mileage will order leakdown test and perform to see if any air is leaking

Anyone else with type s 2.4 please let me know I am topping up a quart (0.9I) around 1000 miles around london ? According to internet research this.is normal but I am still not fully satisfied

honda_saj said:
Anyone else with type s 2.4 please let me know I am topping up a quart (0.9I) around 1000 miles around london ? According to internet research this.is normal but I am still not fully satisfied

Are there any other people out there who are using same amount of oil and what oil type are you using?

I'm topping up apprx 1l every 3000km or so. If driven hard (above 5000rpms), maybe 1,5liters. Unfortunately, this is a very common issue for the K24 engine, and as long as the car is running fine, I won't be changing anything. I've used different brands (Eneos, Mabanol, Castrol), 5w30, 5w40 and 10w40 in the summer - no difference.

thanks dynacord,

i do drive the vehicle hard someitmes but i still think 1l to every 1000 miles is too much oil consumption, compared to your 1800 miles. Although i am in london so a lot of start stop driving and traffic jams.

I would not mind if i had to top up every 1500 or so, is most of your driving on higways ?
I have to use trip b to keep and eye on mileage so i can topup.

Has anyone read this article.

http://honda-tech.com/honda-accord-crosstour-2003-current-118/problem-solution-oil-consumption-problems-2003-2007-honda-accords-2963428/

Where it states that a quart every 1000 miles is within tolerance range.

edgeoftime said:
you have a dipstick? use it at least once a week. You will need to open the bonnet first though!!
Haha very funny I do check once a week I thought the dipstick was for dippy people lol [emoji1]

oh i see :wacko: i never knew that ROFL

People just a quick update after two oil changes and oil filters also changing oil to 10w30 semi synthetic I am topping up oil less often getting about 1500 miles without top up. seems some dealers are doing services with mineral oil. My final oil change will be 0w30 fully synthetic.