What's new

Osram H1 Night breaker

They are good bulbs, but the longevity of them is appalling. I went through two sets in less than 6 months. Fitted some uprated Halfords ones as a quick fix, not as bright as the Osrams but have lasted much longer so far.

I have these in the frv, they are ok. Not a patch on hids

I have HID dipped but didn't want to go down the route of HID's for main beam

luke w said:
They are good bulbs, but the longevity of them is appalling. I went through two sets in less than 6 months. Fitted some uprated Halfords ones as a quick fix, not as bright as the Osrams but have lasted much longer so far.
Cannot understand you burning bulbs out so quick?/ mine have been in for at least 18 months.

edgeoftime said:
Cannot understand you burning bulbs out so quick?/ mine have been in for at least 18 months.
I thought it may be a faulty set, both sides went within 2 months, and having used them for years in my VWs (H4 fitment) with no issues bought another set. They lasted less than 3 months and both went within the same day, so bought some cheapish Halfords ones to firstly get me home safely and to also see if it was the Osrams or a fault with the car. Had these bulbs in for over 6 months now with no issues.