What's new

Outside Temperature Haywire

nodrogs

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2
My outside thermometer has been reading fine except this morning. Started off at 12 (which was ok), suddenly dropped to 1, then back up to 9, then down to -7 :lol: Theres no way the actual outside temperature was going like this. Stayed low but eventually came back up to twelve again. Think the heating got a little confussed as well, thought it got very warm inside. Anyone else experience this issue? Temperature probe knackered?

Thanks CJ, thought it might be something like a bad connection. I'll have a look later on.

I got at my sensor easily through the lower grill part, it was just hanging there (there was a bracket beside it but at some time it has come out). It went wonky again yesterday so gave the connections a quick spray although they looked ok. Didn't make any difference (was reading 1c!). Even holding the sensor in my hand for a while didn't seem to make much difference. Will have to ring round some of the breakers later.

Try the dealer, it might be cheaper than you think...

Lings are quoting £50ish. None of my local breakers have any at the moment though. Tried breakeryard.com and got a quote for £60! Will try holdcroft later.

£50 quid for an NTC resistor!?  Flipping 'eck...

Guys, some feedback for this problem.

Waited till the sensor was well and truely knackered. Got a new one from Holdcroft for £40 all in. Ordered Wednesday arrived Friday ;) 1 min job to fit and has been perfect ever since.

Glad you got it sorted mate... would be interesting to know the resistance readings of the old and the new ones at room temperature?