What's new

PBox tuning. Just found in my Tourer. What is it?

Joyful

Reaction score
Car
Mk8 2009 Tourer 2.2
2006 2.2 icdti Tourer bought secondhand a year ago. I was just checking the oil last and noticed a box by the battery. The previous owner didn't mention it. It says (see photo) PBox Tuning cc. I can't find any reference on the web. There is a sticker with some details.

Any idea what it is and what it does?

Car runs ok and passed last MOT. Fuel economy seems very good for 2.2 litre. The onboard computer is showing 52.4 mpg which I guess might be an overestimate.

Most likely plugs into your fuel rail and manipulates rail pressure to create some power. It will be causing inaccurate mpg readings as a result and also pushing your fuel pressure outside it’s normal safety tolerances to make the power. I’m not a fan of them but if you’re happy with it, keep it on.

Most likely plugs into your fuel rail and manipulates rail pressure to create some power. It will be causing inaccurate mpg readings as a result and also pushing your fuel pressure outside it’s normal safety tolerances to make the power. I’m not a fan of them but if you’re happy with it, keep it on.

Car runs ok so probably best leaving it on. I don't overstress the engine anyway around the Devon and Cornwall lanes and the 'safety' cameras on the better roads.