What's new

PoorBoys, Black Hole

crespo

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX 2.0 i-vtec
Just ventured in to the world of detailing over the weekend. My god this stuff is immense.

Had my first go with my new Kestral DAS 6 machine polisher which got rid of the nasty buffer trails left by the bodyshop who did my paintwork with some Menzerna polishes but by far the most impressive results came with this stuff.

It is unbelievable. Pictures don't do it justice. My black paint looks like a cross between an oil slick and a mirror. Sealed with Dodo Juice Purple Haze the 8yr old paint now looks showroom fresh.

If you don't already have it buy some now.

poorboys-black-hole-glaze-lg.jpg

Nice job mate I really rate PB's products...................now where are the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice job mate I really rate PB's products...................now where are the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There on there way. its way to dark for my camera phone top take anything decent at the mo. But should have some good ones tomorrow.

Just checking lol

How did you find the kestrel das ??? okay for a beginner as Im looking at a DA soon.

There on there way. its way to dark for my camera phone top take anything decent at the mo. But should have some good ones tomorrow.
I was going to ask ;)
As Andy said poor boys stuff is good stuff i use the wheel sealant as lots of members also do

Just checking lol

How did you find the kestrel das ??? okay for a beginner as Im looking at a DA soon.

Very easy to use. And not as expensive as i was expecting. I must have read 3 billion reviews before making my decision and glad i went for the DAS6. Polishing takes 15 minutes now instead of an hour.

I was a bit worried at first but after 5 minutes with it i was off and running, it really is that easy to use. I wish i had bought one years ago to be honest.

The DAS 6 is basically the same as the megs G220 but cheaper so it was a no brainer in the end.

This is the kit i got as recommended after a friendly phone call with Tim at CleanYourCar to sort out Honda's soft paint. I added The Black Hole and Purple haze at checkout.
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/das-6-dual-action-polisher/das-6-dual-action-polisher-sonus-and-menzerna-kit/prod_525.html

image.jpg

For those of us without a machine polisher (you cheats :lol: ) Is it easy to apply? And is it something you apply after the clay bar?

I am no expert and to give my car a very good going over it took me 3 hours. but the difference after was literally might and day.
I can probably cut that time in half now after getting over the initial nerves and getting used to the different polishes and pads. but seeing is believing and I wish I got one years ago.

I have always kept my car ridiculously clean but the machine polisher takes it to a new level. my car would not look out of place in a new car showroom now.

The Menzerna polishes are very good I and a most of the Detailing world use their products.

Poorboys black hole is a glaze polish and fills the swirls in rather than removing them it is a bit like Autoglym SRP if you want to remove the swirls then you need to use a cutting compound I use the Menz 106 Final finish or Menz 3.02 for heavy swirls.

Note don't start off with a heavy cutting compound and pad as it is not always necessary and you will be removing more Paint then needed.

PM if you would need further help as I can't be bothered typing anymore had a long day and need to get some sleep.

Will be more than happy to ***ist!!

Here is my brothers ATR just pampered although it does need to be gone over with a DA to get rid of the light swirls...

P1040099.jpg

Polishing takes 15 minutes now instead of an hour.

See the picture below -

PadMotion.jpg

The DA drastically reduces the production of heat and it is very difficult to "burn" the paint but it's still possible. Depending on the combination of pad and polish/compound, you can go wrong.

Furthermore, the paint needs to be as clean as possible before attempting to use any of the above. Any dirt on the pad or on your paint and you are going to inflict hundreds of swirls in your paint, not remove them !

Invest in some good shampoo, lots of buckets and some good wash mitts . . . . and a clay bar also.

This is what a clay bar picks up -

Nov-2011528.jpg

Had I not done this, I would have been rubbing this into the paint for the best part of 4 to 6 hours !

I takes me almost 2 hours to get a car ready for machine polishing before I'm happy to got at it with a rotary or DA !

And never one to miss out on an oppertunity for pictures, here's my ATR after a days work ;)

Landscape161.jpg

Paul, that's awesome! Now come on, Neil, let's see yours!

Paul awesome indeed. You've just driven that out the showroom right? B)
stunning job...

Sorry for the carp quality pictures, my mobile camera really does not do it justice.

de905ea5-6b0b-4a03-8475-cd6091ad4fd6.jpg

I don't really rate menzerna polish it dusts way to easy and the labelling is a faff. I use wolfs polish now much better. As for the black hole i have always wanted to try it but got lime prime lite as a cleaner/glaze i may get that or prima amigo.