What's new

Power feed for phone

800jimbo

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Sport CDTi
Having just bought my Accord I want to put a power feed for a phone holder mounted in the bottom right hand corner of the windscreen. I notice with the door open that there is a panel on the side of the dash. Before I start trying to prise the cover off - will I find power behind the panel cover or just a headache?

It's not imperative as the car has sat nav (so the phone doesn't have to do anything while I'm driving), but it is handy to charge the phone whilst I'm in the car, and see who's calling.

Cheers.

Don`t think theres anything behind there other than bulkhead brackets/metal type stuff from what I can remember. You may have to get under the dash by the pedals to find somewhere.

I ran an extension lead from the socket in the arm rest and plugged my TomTom lead into that. It then runs to the bottom right hand corner of the windscreen so I can plug my TomTom in. When I`m not using it I just fold it back over that panel you mentioned and the door traps keeps it there

Yep got one myself with a multi plug for differant appliances

I have a charger but I'd like to avoid trailing wires around the inside of the car. In the past I've taken a power feed from in the dash and fed the lead up near the A-pillar to plug in to the car kit there - just want to find the easiest place to take power off with as little dismantling as possible.

Don`t think theres anything behind there other than bulkhead brackets/metal type stuff from what I can remember. You may have to get under the dash by the pedals to find somewhere.

I ran an extension lead from the socket in the arm rest and plugged my TomTom lead into that. It then runs to the bottom right hand corner of the windscreen so I can plug my TomTom in. When I`m not using it I just fold it back over that panel you mentioned and the door traps keeps it there

Apologises for going off on a tangent. Is the "socket in the arm rest" specific to the EX model? I have the usual socket at the base of the centre console, so wonder if this was just a change in placement or a second socket in the EX model.

Thanks
Tom

Apologises for going off on a tangent. Is the "socket in the arm rest" specific to the EX model? I have the usual socket at the base of the centre console, so wonder if this was just a change in placement or a second socket in the EX model.

Thanks
Tom
On my sport I've got the cigarette lighter one and one in the arm rest.

Thanks
Tom

Don`t know to be honest. I just know that when I got my facelift EX Tourer there was the usual socket in the dash, the one inside the armrest and another in the rear load space just below the rear window