What's new

Power folding mirrors (retrofit)

Tanna

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hi,

I stumbled across these on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JDM-04-08-ACURA-ACCORD-CL7-CL9-Power-Folding-Mirrors-/320749924841?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aae2f71e9

Power folding mirrors for the Accord... can they be retrofitted to my Accord executive and are they plug and play?

Many thanks!

It's a doable mod but not a straightforward job.. speak to Oz (Blue Guru), he's done this.

Its a matter of running a signal wire across from one door to the other and getting a custom timer relay built. I can put you in touch with the guy who made mine if you would like to do it that way. Once you get the relay you splice 3 wires in the drivers door and connect the signal wires to the mirrors in both doors. Theres a thread on here somewhere by me explaining a wee bit about it.

Alternatively i know of a guy in the states who simply repinned his harness in each door by swapping 2 wires and the swapping the switch. Because the euro r mirrors are not heated if you switch the signal heating wire to the location for the power folding you can get them to work with the button without even splicing any wires. Ive not done it that way because come winter time i swap back to my heated mirrors for the cold scottish winter, lol.

Its a matter of running a signal wire across from one door to the other and getting a custom timer relay built. I can put you in touch with the guy who made mine if you would like to do it that way. Once you get the relay you splice 3 wires in the drivers door and connect the signal wires to the mirrors in both doors. Theres a thread on here somewhere by me explaining a wee bit about it.

Alternatively i know of a guy in the states who simply repinned his harness in each door by swapping 2 wires and the swapping the switch. Because the euro r mirrors are not heated if you switch the signal heating wire to the location for the power folding you can get them to work with the button without even splicing any wires. Ive not done it that way because come winter time i swap back to my heated mirrors for the cold scottish winter, lol.
So are you saying that all I need is the folding mirrors and put the switch in?

Put it simply what do I need extra from the eBay link from the above advert?

Don't want to cut/splice any wires..

I think he is saying the folding mirrors are not heated so you can use the heated switch button as a signal wire to trigger the timed? circuit made for this mod. Its still requires taking thing apart. its not as simple as just dropping them in but you will need a circuit and relay to control the folding mechanism.

Because the folding mirrors are not heated you can repin the harness in each door so you can use the circuitry for the heating to do the folding instead. Im not 100% sure on that though as it was done by someone in the states on tsxclub. In this way you press the button to fold in and out.

The way ive had mine done is to work remotely. When i lock my car they fold in using the door lock as the trigger. And when i turn the ignition on they fold back out. The reason the relay is timed is so they dont fold in when you lock your doors when you're driving.

If you buy the mirrors and the folding switch its still not a case of plug and play. You'd need to look into how it was done by repinning the harness on tsxclub, or doing it the way i did it

Found the thread. The RacingGear guy did it first, then i did it using the timer relay, and then the Coltsicehockey guy did it by repinning the harness.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-image-gallery/38210-i-may-possibly-first-one-forum-do.html

If you dont want to splice any wires, then the repinning way is your best bet