What's new

Power Steering Hose Woe

Ripple

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 Diesel.
Hi, can anyone help please? My Accord 2.2 tourer is ready to MOT apart from the high pressure power steering hose need replacing. I've got 4 (off ebay) and not one of them fits.

Two of them have the holes facing the same way, but they need to face opposite to each other. The other two have got the black curly bit on the inside of the curve; it needs to be on the outside of the curve.

I can't afford a genuine Honda part. Does anyone have a second hand one please? One with the holes facing opposit and the black curly bit on the oustide of the curve.

Maxine.

Looks like I'm gonna have to scrap it as I can't afford the genuine part plus the welding that needs doing. It's still got 14 days MOT. Any idea, please, what it's worth?

Take a picture of both types together, with an indication of the one that came off the car.

Whereabouts is it leaking ?

Link from an earlier thread on the forum

Thank you so much. I phoned Honda and they sent me a screen shot of the £350 part. I was able to wrestle one (two actually) of the four I've bought to resemble the drawing. So, I went to the garage and compared the new one to the old / original one. The OO one was soft due to wear but with a tiny bit of a twist, which even a girl (like me) can do, I managed to get it to match up. Power steering hose now fitted.

I was disparing that I'd have to scrap it due to a hose that's max £30 on ebay, but on this sunny day it's all worked out. Bit of welding to the seat belt anchors on inner sills and it's good for another year.

Need a new broomstick to hold up the boot - who cares?

Thanks so much to everyone on this forum for their advice and ideas. I'll have another Tourer Estate after this. Hopefully not one that's the same colour as the road.