What's new

Re-Gas or not Re-Gas

Grayedout

Members
Reaction score
My 2004 Diesel Tourer is the first car I've had with air-con and had it re-gassed in October 2018 and wondering whether it needs doing again soon? Have done approx 30,000 miles since it was done but going away for a holiday with lots of driving soon and don't want it to run out.

Anybody got any experience of how long between re-gassing?

My 2004 Diesel Tourer is the first car I've had with air-con and had it re-gassed in October 2018 and wondering whether it needs doing again soon? Have done approx 30,000 miles since it was done but going away for a holiday with lots of driving soon and don't want it to run out.

Anybody got any experience of how long between re-gassing?
My tourer was regassed 4 years ago and still blows ice cold even on the hottest of days.To keep it tip top ive read its recommended to service system every year,but ive always owned air conditioned cars and dont waste time n money until it struggles to keep vehicle as cold as it should.
Besides a seal or condenser can develop a leak anytime so i would just leave it until either this happens or a component fails.
If it aint broke dont fix it lol

If it’s blowing ice cold, leave it alone. We regassed my wife’s FRV when I replaced the compressor some 6-7 years ago now, still blows ice cold.

My Accord 2009, I’ve had to regas multiple times only until a few weeks back where I discovered the leak finally and replaced the offending aluminium pipe with a brand new one. These are sealed systems and I know everyone says that they lose gas eventually but in my experience if the system has no leaks they’ll last years.

I know everyone says that they lose gas eventually but in my experience if the system has no leaks they’ll last years.
Exactly!

As you probably know best way to preserve seals and prevent leaks is run AC often...even if just for a short while.I run mine for 5 minites every time i use the car once the engines warmed up,just to circulate the juices within that keeps things like o rings lubricated.