What's new

Rear camber issues

vile

T A Terminator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
8th gen 2.4 Manual
Guys as the ***le says iv got rear camber issues.About 3 months ago i had a Hunter 4 wheel alignment and all was corrected except the cambers as there non adjustable like the 7th gen.
I had inner wear on the rear tires and had the rear tow set to spec which i thought would solve the problem.
But having the car on the ramp last week there are still signs of inner tyre wear not as bad but still there.
The car is at HH this week for some warranty claims so it will be interesting to see what Honda comes up with to solve this issue.
Apparently this issue only effects cars fitted with 18" wheels so i will see what happens this week.There are a couple of options at the min from after market adjustable cambers but there very pricey and only available in the USA for the TXS.
Hear was the readings i had about 3 months ago.

scan0002.jpg

Iv found these and think they will fit

http://www.andysautosport.com/acura/2009_9999_tsx/suspension/camber_kits/eibach/eibc01018901.html

Hello,
On my car the back wheels are wearing on the inside (17 inch wheels), and the camber is out according to wheel alignment report, approx 1.38 degrees negative each side.

What was the outcome with your car?

I'm now running ingals adjustable tow arm and adjustable ball joints and tyres have been spot on for over a year now.

Hi Brett,
Thanks for those, does the ball joint allow for camber adjustment and the arm for toe. Im asking this as i thought the toe was adjustable?

For information, in your opinion what causes the camber to be out of spec, is it gradual wear of bushes?

Will that ball joint fit into the Honda control arm?

Thanks

accord1108 said:
Hi Brett,
Thanks for those, does the ball joint allow for camber adjustment and the arm for toe. Im asking this as i thought the toe was adjustable?

For information, in your opinion what causes the camber to be out of spec, is it gradual wear of bushes?

Will that ball joint fit into the Honda control arm?

Thanks
Yes mate the adjustable ball joint allows for camber -3 to + 3
The control arm is for toe that will be needed with the ball joint as there is limited adjustment on the stock one.
The ball joint was a perfect fit onto the control arm but the old one needs to be pressed out.
Why this happens I'm not sure but I used to tow a caravan and the rear was slightly lower than the front.
I'm now running OEM Aspec suspension and the tyres have perfect wear on all.

brett said:
Yes mate the adjustable ball joint allows for camber -3 to + 3
The control arm is for toe that will be needed with the ball joint as there is limited adjustment on the stock one.
The ball joint was a perfect fit onto the control arm but the old one needs to be pressed out.
Why this happens I'm not sure but I used to tow a caravan and the rear was slightly lower than the front.
I'm now running OEM Aspec suspension and the tyres have perfect wear on all.
Brett what settings on the rear with toe/camber did you go with after fitting the ingalls kits

BazCW3 said:
Brett what settings on the rear with toe/camber did you go with after fitting the ingalls kits
Hear you go Baz

Rear Camber Inspection

Rear camber angle:
With 16 inch wheels: -0 ° 50 '±30 '
With 17 inch wheels: -1 ° 00 '±30 '
With 18 inch wheels: -1 ° 12 '±30 '
(Maximum difference between the right and left side: 0 ° 30 ')

• If the measurement is within specifications, measure the toe-in.
• If the measurement is not within specifications, check for bent or damaged suspension components.
Front Toe Inspection/Adjustment
Front toe-in: 0±2 mm (0±0.08 in.)

Rear Toe Inspection/Adjustment

Rear toe-in: 2±2 mm (0.08±0.08 in.)

brett said:
Hear you go Baz

Rear Camber Inspection

Rear camber angle:
With 16 inch wheels: -0 ° 50 '±30 '
With 17 inch wheels: -1 ° 00 '±30 '
With 18 inch wheels: -1 ° 12 '±30 '
(Maximum difference between the right and left side: 0 ° 30 ')

• If the measurement is within specifications, measure the toe-in.
• If the measurement is not within specifications, check for bent or damaged suspension components.
Front Toe Inspection/Adjustment
Front toe-in: 0±2 mm (0±0.08 in.)

Rear Toe Inspection/Adjustment

Rear toe-in: 2±2 mm (0.08±0.08 in.)
cheers brett