What's new

Rear vents - cold or hot?

Saf789

Reaction score
Car
2012 I-Dtec Type S
Hi guys, i noticed yesterday that the rear vents in the car don't blow hot air like the front.

I switched heat to face and when the front vents were blowing nice and warm, the rear ones were blowing much cooler.
I closed the vent in the arm rest too.

So my question is, are the rear vents only for cold air or are mine broken or something?

All the air comes from the same place, it may take some time for the air coming through the rear vents to warm up as the pipe run is longer and has more chance to cool down.
Face and Face and feet are the two settings where the rear vents should be the same as the front ones.
I can't imagine how they could run cool while the front ones are warm, but I do know that cold cars take a long time to heat up and that may be the issue.

Ok so they should blow hot air too. Good. Thanks for confirming @Bounder
Next time i go on a motorway run and get the car properly up to temp i will check them again to see if how hot the air is.

Just an update. I did a motorway run and once the car was properly warm i checked the rear vents, they did blow hotter indeed. So thats that resolved.

Im still finding out little features of this car, like the auto-dipping left mirror when reversing. How cool!