What's new

Replaced bumped intercooler issues

Hobbler

Reaction score
Car
56 cdti tourer
Hi

I have recently changed the bumper on my 2.2 cdti estate but could only source a replacement bumper from a petrol model that I found upon fitment doesn't have the correct vents to allow airflow to the intercooler positioned in front of the passenger side front wheel.

I had to remove the vent housing to fit the bumper so am concerned that the lack of airflow could damage the car or cause it to overheat. I thought maybe introducing a louvre into the bumper could help but was interested if anyone else had made the same changes and could advise on a louvre that fits and looks OK or an alternative solution.

Thanks in advance.

The recess should be the same as the bumper skins are the same, just the fog light housings are different. Can you not just buy the fog light housing? It won’t damage it in my opinion but you’ll lose cooling efficiency and therefore performance and economy

Hi

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately the bumpers are slightly different, it probably transpires that i have also bought a pre-facelift replacement bumper as the grille aperture is smaller so i have had to buy a 03-05 grille to fit the replacement bumper.

On my original bumper the fog lights are integrated into the bumper skin whereas on the replacement the fog lights are much larger and sit within a separate housing. I'm going to see if i can cut some kind of hole into this housing to ***ist with cooling.

Hopefully it won't affect the aesthetics of the car too much and will help with cooling.

Any advice on Louvres or vents i could introduce that don't look too max power would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Sorry I had ***umed you had the pre facelift car