What's new

Replacing Premium sound system for New sat nav 8 inch system

kamiljanikjoul

Members
Reaction score
Car
Executive 2.2ictdi
Hi Everyone

I have premium sound system in my accord 2004 ictdi.
I want to replace it for different unit with gps nav, usb,sdcard slot etc...
do any of you know good unit which works with diesel model?
i looked on ebay and found loads of china units but i am not sure if they good,i dont want to buy something from china and have problems with connections or poor unit or bad service and then send it back pay extra money for sending unit back to china.

i found this one for example:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-Car-GPS-DVD-Stereo-Radio-Navigation-Touchscreen-For-03-07-Honda-Accord-Camera/131701611908?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3Dcc883ec58cd04ac1879affe7869f5c01%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D2%26sd%3D131701611908

Thanks
Kamil

Hmmm, so no one did it before... :(
if i decide to buy it ill test it and give a feed back about it .

None of those units works with ctdi... Your a/c functions not gonna work. Only way is pop up nav fro china.. But you cant use anything with climate control control on it

i asked the seller on ebay ,he said that this unit is compatible with dual zone climate control .
i will double check with him, i cant find any opinions online abut it,and that is what i am afraid off.

the aircon system in the diesel Accord is different from the system in the petrol Accords. The latter is fairly simple so this chinese unit might work in a petrol Accord, but probably not in a diesel Accord.

I spoken with eBay seller and he told me they sold loads of them and they work with diesel dual clime.
He said there are units which works just with petrol but this one works with diesel,I found plenty other units which are not compatible with diesel.
I am not sure if seller saying true!? I can't check it before I'll order and install the unit.
I will order the unit in July after my holiday and a soon as I install it ill give a feed back.
Hopefully it will work fine,and seller is not lying me just to get a profit.

I've read the info on some of them and some say that don't work on dual climate (I think they were sold in the US) and some say it won't work with diesel.

Won't that get too expensive because of customs? I've orderer Ultragauge from the US and the local customs (Portugal) charged as much as I had paied for the product in the first place.

I am also interested in this subject but I'm keeping my standard radio (with sat nav): http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/21927-carpc-minipc-in-the-accords-sat-nav/

Good luck

Thank you for giving me options.
I got premium system without sat Nav so I'll need screen to get the Xcar link (minipc)
I'll try to find some more info about that China units.
I don't really care about dual clime, it can work as a single zone, I just need to be sure it gonna work.

I got premium system without sat Nav so I'll need screen to get the Xcar link (minipc)
I don't really care about dual clime, it can work as a single zone, I just need to be sure it gonna work.