What's new

Rewinding Brake Caliper

stonking

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen 2.2 Exc
Hi all I need a hand. My 2004 Accord needs its rear brake pads replaced. I have taken it all apart and started to rewind the piston and it has gone back say 10mm, now it just seems to go around and around. Any ideas? I have released the hand brake. Also, does anyone know where I can get a tool to re-wind this as pliers are a right pain.

Thanks

Stephen

Pliars are totally the wrong tool mate. The rewind tool adds force as you turn pushing the piston as tell as turning. I would consider going to Eurocar parts or halfords for one as a quick solution. I bought mine from Halfords about 3 years ago for £20 and its been perfect. Do ensure you get the right fitment

Thanks for the reply. I have looked at Halfords and all they have is £32.00 tool which does not look like what I need. Any chance you could give me the name of the tool you have / make?

Thanks

Stephen

Not sure what model you've got, but if it's a tourer then the pistons just push back in. Only need a winder for a saloon!

on my rears brake calipers for the saloon, I had to use a C clamp and push it in. Winding did not work for me.

If you could wait, Amazon are the place.

I got the exact Laser tool (Halfords) from them for less than half the price, works a treat!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Laser-1314-Caliper-Piston-Re-wind/dp/B002V72SHS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1356109896&sr=8-2

I did this on my 1999 accord the other day, in the end I used a ball joint splicer (dont know the exact name) but it's essentially a big two pronged fork that fit perfectly :)

As the guys has said get the proper wind back tool otherwise you will damage your calipers
This in effect will cost you a lot of money for a simple tool fit for the job.