What's new

Roof rail removal

NikW163

Reaction score
Car
2010 Accord Tourer
Hi Guys

I have looked on the search function and can find topics for water in the boot and possible causes. The roof bar mounts seems to be one, can anyone tell me how to remove them? I know the cap reveals the bolts on the centre column but how do you remove one of the end caps/fixings?

1. If necessary, remove the center pad (A) from the center bracket ( B).

1. Install the roof rail in the reverse order of removal. Make sure the tabs of the covers are installed securely.
Sorry no pictures for some reason.

sorry it all went ***s up, but pull the forward covers forward, and the rear covers backwards, to remove and expose the fixing bolts.

Roof Rail Replacement

For Some Models

NOTE:

• Take care not to scratch the covers, the roof rail, and the body.

• When removing components, use the trim tools or equivalent.

1. Pull the front cover (A) forward to release the tabs (B, C) and the hook (D), and remove the cover from the front bracket (E) by pulling it up.

2. Pull the rear cover (A) rearward to release the tabs (B, C), and remove the cover from the rear bracket (D) by pulling it up.

3. Pry out the notches (A) with the appropriate trim tool, and remove the center cover (B) from the center bracket (C).

4. Remove the roof rail (A).

Remove the nuts that secure the front bracket (B) and the rear bracket (C) to the body.

Remove the bolts that secure the plate (D) on the rail to the center bracket (E).

5. Remove the nuts, then remove the center bracket (A) from the body.

6. If necessary, release the hooks (A), then remove the front pad (B) from the front bracket (C) and the rear pad (D) from the rear bracket (E).

7. If necessary, remove the center pad (A) from the center bracket (B).

8. Install the roof rail in the reverse order of removal. Make sure the tabs of the covers are installed securely.

Great stuff removed as described. No visible signs of anything failed. When everything removed put the hose pipe on the channel and proceeded to soak the drain off area. The water then appeared to be coming in from the drivers side rear storage compartment, near to where the netting hook area is close to the boot lid. This then ran to the bottom of the boot well as you would expect. Stripped out again this morning after a dry night and the water is back, guessing it is from we forced in last night.

The boot seal seemed ok but obviously this has to be tested now to see if this is the area thats leaks, find it hard to see it passing here. The leak/wet area begins above the rear light area so am discounting this area for now.

After a down pour and standing I find water runs out in the vicinity of the exhaust pipe, (offside rear) no ingress to boot/load area, could be your drain pipe has fallen off?