What's new

sat nav DVD downgrade

johnwynne78

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer EX 2.2 CTDI
Hi all

im having a nightmare with my 2005 (05) sat nav system . I wish i had read this forum before i had started.
i did a stupid thing and purchased one of those V2.10 £39.99 sat nav dvd's from sat-navi.com (or something like that) seemed to work fine for a while then noticed the sat nav took a bit longer to boot and occasionally froze up. so i have bought a genuine V2.06 honda disc from Ebay. when i try to run this disc it comes up with a message that the disc is an older version of the software downloaded and shows the OK button but wont let me push ive tried the 3 button hold for 5s diagnostic menu thing and it just beeps once and dosent enter the menu.

i can get into the diagnostic menu using the V2.10 (sat-navi copy disc) but cant see any option for downgrade the version.

Please has anyone experienced this issue before and know anyother way how i can force a program downgrade

its driving me insane!!!!!

Cheers

John

john you need to go into the hidden menu.it's a combination of buttons to push.
sorry i can't think of the ones but someone will no hear mate

Cheers Brett

thanks for the speedy reply

ive been told that the 3x buttons for the hidden menu are map/menu/back and press all 3 together for 5 seconds.

I try this with the new genuine honda disc V2.06 and it just beeps once and dosent enter the hidden menu???

do i need to disconect the battery to allow the unit to reset first and then reconnect and try this hidden menu thing again??

im hoping the sat nav unit is not knackered. I did a search online and found a company (probably from china) that does a direct replacement unit that has dvd playback ipod connectivity and bluetooth built in for £299. Looks like a bit of a different button layout to the original. Anyone had any experience of these units?

YES JACKPOT!!!!!

after much trawling through the internet i found a small thread from a website that said when i get the disc version error screen press and hold the menu and zoom down buttons together. hey presto im in the hidden menu do a force download and now i am back to working on the genuine honda DVD V2.06.

hope this thread helps others with the same issue i had

yippee!!!!

John

Congratulations John - it is a sphincter clenching moment when something like that happens :lol:

sorted john sorry i couldn't remember the buttons but at least i got you on the right track.
this is a lesson learned nether buy copys always genuine disks.

indeed ive learnt my lesson the hard way. DO NOT USE SAT-NAVI.COM EVER PEOPLE!!!!

LOL @ Dan.

Sat nav all tested 100% genuine and working great and boots up real quick.

next mod on the agenda is possibly get the Parrot MKi9200 bluetooth/ipod/iphone kit

Thanks Everyone

John