What's new

Sat Nav DVD Player repair

stonking

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen 2.2 Exc
Hi all.

OK so i got the Alpine DVD player out. I have tried to clean the lens but no luck. Does anyone know who can repair these players?

Regards

http://www.dtronix.co.uk/

Are the authorised repairer for Alpine uk, they charge £170ish fixed price as long as the mechanism isn't damaged otherwise they'll contact you with a quote.

hth

What's the actual error with this?
Did you dismantle the unit to get to the lens?

What's the actual error with this?
Did you dismantle the unit to get to the lens?
I have taken it out, pulled the lid off and given it a few puffs. then I tried the 6 inch ruler plus wipe. I do not know how to take it apart. It gives me the DVD error message. If you have any details of how to go further I will have a go. The radio and aircon still work still so that is good, just no screen.

Thanks for the help.

For me I had through same error. I have to dismantle the unit to get to the DVD lens. Then I used a cotton bud and some cleaner to really get to the lens.
Ruler etc won't work.

How confident are you taking the unit apart? It is very fiddly indeed and at one point I needed an extra pair of hands to rebuild it.

For me I had through same error. I have to dismantle the unit to get to the DVD lens. Then I used a cotton bud and some cleaner to really get to the lens.
Ruler etc won't work.

How confident are you taking the unit apart? It is very fiddly indeed and at one point I needed an extra pair of hands to rebuild it.
Well I cannot make it any worse so lets go for it. Do you have a link or something to guide me how to do it?

Thanks

got the same problem with mine, best option for me is to find someone who can fix it and send me the unit back, did see a member asking for £80 but forgot the name of the forum.. if i find it i will post you the link.

Hi all,

Did anyone get their dvd drive fixed?!? Or should I send for repair? I have the same problem. I took it out opened it up and cleaned it. It then worked for about a week then come up with the same error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

tbh, that sat nav in the 7th gen is outdated, i would not spend 170quid on it to get repaired.

its ancient basically now. It mine broke i would chuck it out and get a modern sat nav installed for 300/400quid. I would lose all the a/c control but cant be restricted due to hondas system.

Just checked alpine.co.uk and called their service/repair center in Milton Keynes. They want to charge £179.75 for the repair and will take 5-7days... hmmmmm

I had the same problem tried all the methods nothing worked in the end I took to Honda who sent it to pioneer(?) cost me £300. It was dear but the car doesn't function without.