What's new

Seagulls....hate them!

Nathylad

Members
Reaction score
Car
2002 Accord Sport
Well I spent a couple of hours washing and polishing my car, went for a drive and pulled into the local maccy d's for a quick bite to eat. Nothing wrong so far you'd think, well it turns out every seagull in the South Wales area decides to drop its guts on my car. P*ssed off was an understatement!

Anyway, rant over!

Redglass

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord es gt
I keep a tub of bug & bird crap removing wipes in my car & they are a god send, they also remove wax so I keep some wax wipes to give them a quick shine afterwards.

I place the wipes back in their tubs afterwards as long as they`re not too soiled & still have the bug remover or wax on them, that way it doesn`t cost me a fortune in replacing them.

Didn`t cost a fortune either.

Stevearcade

TA Friend
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
2003 Accord CM2
Between their poop and their little talons (surprisingly sharp actually, have a closer look if you ever get the chance) they've ruined my paintwork. Scratches and acid burn marks. Live by the sea and they are everywhere.

toffee_pie

Members
Reaction score
Car
Legacy 3.0R SpecB
cover the car? bird s)it is a frucking joke.

if someone invented something to prevent this happening...

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Now, where do i apply to dragons den.

gwailo

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Civic Coupe
I live right on the coast and the amount of seagull crap over my car is a joke, also on my home windows and over the drive way as well. Very very annoying.

jjmartin349571

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
'86 Gsi
I live bang on the coast too, all my cars are covered in seagull s**** and it has f*cked up that paint on most of them. Lucky for them they're a protected species :angry:

toffee_pie

Members
Reaction score
Car
Legacy 3.0R SpecB
car covers?

i live in an apartment block and it would be tacky covering my car, if i had my own drive i would deffo use a cover

birds, piegons, seagulls, they are all

C..**..S!

jjmartin349571

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
'86 Gsi
Yeah, car covers are alright but mine kept blowing away. I want one with a 'girth' strap like on a horse's rug but nobody on eBay seems to have them.