What's new

Service Manual Woes

antdad

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer i-cdti 07
Evening, it's been a while.

Anybody know what else is required to get the IE service manual up and running? I did a fresh install but all I get is "There is no shop manual to apply" when doing a search.

I can't remember but aren't there some Actvie X settings that to be enabled or not? Any help gratefully received.

I've resorted to using a xp sp3 vm install to get it running, no amount of messing around in ie or edge or even with emulator modes got me anywhere on win10

I've been an idiot, kept trying to do a general search for front CV/constant velocity boot replacement/renewel as per my other post which wasn't bringing up anything because there isn't anything on it !!!

Other than that it works fine on Win 10 but I did have to dial down the security options.

Mike, I had to uncheck and therefore disable protected mode in the Internet Security options which seemed to stop me calling up pages of the manual. Are you bothered, do you want more details?

Last edited:
The first version I had sandboxed IE inside a Win XP VM. But it would only scale to XVGA, which was annoying. The extracted files run fine on IE/W10.