What's new

Silly question about Wiper

Jamie91

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 iCDTI Saloon
http://imageshack.com/a/img850/2008/dshz.jpg

My wipers leave this mark on the windscreen. If I apply the washer jets then it takes the mark away but it comes back quickly. Also the wipers make a rubbing noise when they are turned on, even when the windscreen is wet.

Do I need new wipers, or will a bit of wd40 to lubricate the wipers do it any good ?

Thanks

Could be wipers???

Double check the thin rubber hasn't come away from the wiper.

Mine leaves a small mark, and it is because mine has a small tear on my wiper.
sad.gif

For the price of blades on eBay, just pop some new ones on. Even if it doesn't solve the issue, you'll have nice new blades and be a little closer to figuring out what the problem is. But my money's on the blades needing replacing.

I just picked up a set of Bosh blades tonight from Halfords ,with trade card they are 3.79 for the passenger blade and 10.49 for the drivers .

Bin them off and fit genuine facelift wipers. Worth every penny IMO:

see link

Bin them off and fit genuine facelift wipers. Worth every penny IMO:

see link

Agreed. Dealer prices were pretty reasonable for genuine blades. If you have a pre-facelift car would recommend doing the post facelift upgrade. B)

If the blades look undamaged the clean them with a cloth soaked with vinegar this will remove road film from them, and use a windscreen washer additive for this time of year, the roads are filthy and he wet puts lots of muck in the air.