What's new

Small hose dripping

tunstall

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Tourer
Hi - I recently purchased a 2005 Tourer and it's a lovely car to drive and I'm impressed with it. A few days ago I noticed coolant or water dripping from underneath the car close to the front end of the exhaust. I've had the car up on ramps and there is a small black hose poking out from a hole in the underside of the car and I ***ume this is where the coolant is coming from. The hose looks as if it's meant to be there but I don't know what it is or what it's for. Does anybody know what this hose is for and should I be concerned about the water or coolant that is dripping out? The hose pokes out for a couple of inches and is approx 15 / 20 mm id. I took a photo but I can't work out how to attach the photo!

On another topic I know there isn't a Haynes manual for the Accord but is there any other manual or CD that is available to help with maintenance?

Look forward to replies.

Thats the drain hose for the aircon, nothing to worry about.

Bounder said:
Thats the drain hose for the aircon, nothing to worry about.
correct if you turn off ac there won't be water

sent using tapatalk

It looks bad when you see a pool of water under your motor but if you look carefully you'll see that the water is clear and there's no coolant or any other additive in there. Scared me when I first saw it but really nothing to worry about.

There is no printed manual.

I ended up buying a download of the actual database Honda produced for in-house maintenance. It has everything.

My version is locked in a Windows XP Virtual machine. The biggest annoyance I have is that this setup doesn't scale to high res screens and I have to set the hardware to 800 x 600 resolution to view it properly.

I did manage to squeeze an ISO out of it but haven't tested it to see if it burns the correct disc.

The glovebox owners manual is about as comprehensive as you should need unless you have to have to dismantle something expensive looking.