What's new

Spare wheel tourer

Rustyrescue

Reaction score
Car
Accord
does anybody know if the MK7 tourer spare wheel well takes a standard size spare (205 55 16) it measures like it may. I could take a wheel of to check but thought ?I would try the lazy way first. My car has only the silly goo kit, it should be illegal to market a car with no spare wheel!!

Richard B

Members
Reaction score
Car
2006 Tourer
I didn't trust 15 year old goo that probably has been par boiled by now, so I started carrying a space saver. Will only run it in a rear position though (swap a rear wheel to front if front puncture). I also carry one of those rubber worm type puncture kits, which work well if the tyre has had a nail type puncture. I do quite like the Honda compressor that came with the car.

Rustyrescue

Reaction score
Car
Accord
correct alloy and tyre with 6mm located for £35, sorted. The only thing is the boot floor rattles a little now so maybe I will run a little foam or draught seal under the edge.

Grayedout

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 Accord 2.2
There should be a threaded hole in the middle. I made a quick bracket with a long bolt and piece of metal.

Rustyrescue

Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hi, yes, I saw that and even had a bit of stud and a flat bar with correct thread so made a hold down clamp. I think the tyre just holds up the boot floor a tiny bit because I can rock it. It may be having lifted out that moulded tray which sits on the lips between metalwork and boot floor it may have cushioned the rattle!