What's new

Spark plugs for 09 2.4 accord

kpanchev

Members
Reaction score
Car
Acord 2.4 iVTEC EX
Hi everyone, I recently bought a 09 Accord 2.4 and need to change the spark plugs. I have come to the following two types:

Denso SXU22HCR11S

Bosch Double Iridium Spark Plugs 0242135557

There is a bit of a difference in the price, Bosch being the cheaper ones, but I would like to get the better set.
So opinions anyone?

I have had much better experiences with the Japanese Brands NGK, and Denso than with Bosch plugs.
Bosch or Beru never lasted as long or sparked as well IME.

For reference, I changed the plugs in mine recently as part of a yearly service as I had no record of them ever being done, and were quite filthy when I removed one

I went for Denso instead of NGK or Honda branded plugs as the price difference was quite significant but they do still have a honda part code ***ociated with them:
PLUG, SPARK(SXU22HCR11S) (DENSO) 12290-R40-A02 Search by part number # HONDA CARS - Genuine Spare Parts Catalogue (parts-honda.uk)

£54 for a set of 4 on ebay:
Spark Plugs Set 4x fits HONDA ACCORD CU2, CW2 2.4 2008 on K24Z3 Denso Quality | eBay

I've used Denso IK20TT on my 2 k24 accords, as well as k20 frv over the years. they are iridium, but work out a lot cheaper and supposedly have efficiency benefits over the originals.