What's new

spraying parking sensors

hale-pope

Members
Reaction score
Car
10 i-dtec tourer ex
So i am buying some parking sensors and retaining clips and these are not direct from Honda) but has anyone experience of whether these can be sprayed as they all come black? When i ask the ebay sellers they either say 'no' or do not reply. I am thinking that surely they can be as they all start out black but at £40 per sensor i do not want to make mistake"

I sprayed mine with no problems. I got these in matt black: http://www.dolphin-direct.co.uk/product/dolphin-parking-system-audio-micro. As with any painting prep is key and I rubbed them over with an etching cloth and then cleaned them off then wiped them down with a cleaner. I did a few passes with a light spray then finished with a lacquer. After a few days I gave them a polish. Not had any problems.

Had issues with mine-kept alarming after coming back from the spray shop for a bumper re-spray. Needed to polish the paint until it was a lot thinner, even now get the odd alarm when wet or dirty.

hale-pope said:
at £40 per sensor i do not want to make mistake"
You can get a complete kit on ebay for less than £30 in a variety of colours.

Yes but a garage is doing a bumper respray etc and I'd rather get ones they can just slot in to the existing connections rather than risk a scratch of the chin!