What's new

Stereo death

Andyjdmteg

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S
Ok folks I've recently got my type s and part of the price "negotiation" was the fact the stereo has recently died. The chap had his mechanic check the fuses but no joy so a replacement is needed.
It's a 2005 2.4 type s and Im just wondering which unit part number is correct.
I've seen a few of these going on eBay with various part numbers.
Almost forgot, it's not a premium system ( although an upgrade to that would be great if it will fit??) thanks

Ok with a bit more time on my hands and some searching it's clear the premium won't work as the wirings different.
I'm looking at used replacements on eBay does anyone know the correct part number ?

another thing has dawned on me.....bit of an obvious one
the units i'm looking at on ebay appear to have no codes with them. is there a way of reactivating the units without a code ?
or am i being a complete noob ?

is one of these the code im after for the non-premium petrol stereo - 39175-sea-e120m1 or 39050-sef-e130m1 with reframe number. Rg725re
i'm trying to ***ertain from a female uk seller the info off the back of the unit as she cant remember if her car was Diesel or Petrol

what was the part number that you found in that link when you used your own car info ?

hi Freddo
I'm getting a part number of PFKL568755 which apparently is a Pioneer unit.

thanks again

did you use your car reg or VIN to get that part number ?

reason I ask is because there are lots of different part numbers for this unit, and if you used your car reg or VIN to get to the right page, then PFKL568755 is the right unit for your car

I've found one of the URL's for a type S that has PFKL568755 and that translates to 39175-SEA-E12

the URL for the page with PFKL568755 is
http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SEA01&block_02=B__1610&block_03=2957

the same URL with "_pfk" removed from the URL is below, note the difference
http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection.php?block_01=17SEA01&block_02=B__1610&block_03=2957

It could be worth looking at the fuses and wiring for your current stereo first.
They don't often fail completely and sellers of cars don't always tell the whole truth.

Thanks again to both of you
I will check the fuses as I'm not working the weekend now. I'm ***uming there's two ?
I think if that doesn't work I may try repairing the unit myself. After a little Internet searching it appears that there is a common fault in these that involves one resistor or possibly fuse on the main board blowing. If I can identify which one I will bypass it with solder and see if that helps.
Could possibly post up a how to if I go in for the kill?

Sorry freddo I kind of avoided a direct reply then.
I just used my reg number. I'm getting quite frustrated with the eBay seller every time I ask her to read off numbers from the unit I get varying information.
I think I'll go down the repair route as I'm more than competent enough to fix it with a little time on my hands. I was simply being lazy and driving around humming a tune is beginning to drive me mad

Yes lots of electronic equipment has a small fuse inside just after the power comes in to the unit. I would replace with another fuse rather than solder though.

Stereo is now working !
It's actually quite straight forward to remove it. Not so straight forward fixing it!
Followed a YouTube vid and used a multi meter to confirm the dodgy component. Out came the solder iron whipped it back in and voila !!!

Previous owners tase in music is appalling lol I was greeted to the sound of clannad when I checked the cd drive.....

I'm not too sure freddo, it's a small square black surface mount component that resembles a small Eprom chip. It's clearly a fuse of some sort. I simply bypassed the component with solder re-***embled and it now works fine. There is an excellent video on YouTube giving detailed instructions on removing/replacing the unit from the car and performing the repair to the secondary board inside the stereo.

I will post a link to it when I get back to my PC.
not sure if my iPhone will allow me to copy the links.

It takes literally 5 minutes to remove the unit from the car and vice versa on replacement. The component "repair" took about 30mins including my fumbling around with the multi meter (which clearly wasn't required!)
The plastic trim tools are a must have though

Just a thought, I may remove the unit again and have one of the hardware guys at work identify the component properly. If so I will order a new whatever it is and actually replace the old one.
I'm starting to get paranoid even with the fuse in place down by my right foot!

It sure is nice to have it working though, it drowns out the sound of my awful tyres/dodgy bearing issue !