What's new

stereo wiring diagram

properjob

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord mk7
Hi guys,

Does anyone have, or know where i might be able to find a wiring diagram for the premium sound system in a 57 plate accord?
I'm planning on fitting an amplifier and need to know the colour codes for the wires.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

I don't have such diagram, but you can take the door card out and if you lucky you can see same colour cables in the back of stereo, or you can use multimeter to find out.
For the starting cable of amp, I think you can use ignition, as any output from stereo might be weak. By the way, I don't know if there is a factory fitted external amp on these cars, ***uming you want to put one it's mean you know there is no.
If you can't find any speaker cable connection with the multimeter at the back of the stereo it's mean there is an external amp somewhere.

hi, yes there is the small black amplifier external from the head unit, this is what i want to bypass as it doesn't seem to work properly. i was looking at the wires but there are quite a few so a diagram would be easier. and they are different from what are at the speakers which is very annoying!

click to enlarge

SEA3E00000000000000EBAT00i018.jpg

I did a hi-res one somewhere on TA, I'll look for that

edit: I didn't do it on TA, but I found the originals

hi-res Premium Sound system on CM2 (tourer)
Audio_circuit_Premium.jpg

hi-res non-Premium on CM2 (tourer)

Audio_circuit_non_Premium.jpg

note that the colours may not be the same, but the general wiring should be (and on CL9 saloon there are two rear speakers rather than one on the CM2 tourer).

if you open the image in a new tab (or save it to disc) you can zoom in

Does anyone have the images from this thread that are no longer working?