What's new

Stuttering on gentle throttle

Shakey60

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 CDTI Exec
Hi guys and gals

05 Honda Accord 2.2 cdti code p2138 and p1248 fault codes showing on diagnostic check ... which is leading me to think it may be the AAP sensor as I've cleaned the throttle body and sensor (it was full of *****).

This was probably because I've been running on Supermarket Diesel for a while due to the price of BP Ultimate.

I did have a remap about three years ago and so I'm loath to take the care to a main dealer just in case they change the map back to normal.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any help you can give me.

Cheers

Alan

Hey Alan, long time no see here mate. Didn't even realise you still had this motor...

Who tuned this in the end, i don't remember tuning this one?

If you can bring it up to Halifax one day, I'll run a full Honda check on it for you mate.

Hi Fahad

Thanks for the reply and the offer. By the way, I like your new car on your Avatar ... very nice.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it up to Halifax in the near future as we are off down to the south coast next week for a weeks break. Yes, still got the old girl (and the wife) and she's done 144,000 now and this is the first problem I've had in four years.

My query was to ask whether anyone could suggest what could be causing the problem .... I've looked through the forum and found a couple of suggestions, even down to the fuel filter!

Looks like I'll have to get her into the local dealership ... but just let 'em try to alter the engine map ... keep an eye on the news, could be murder in Worcester.

Take care buddy ... I'm still awaiting a reply as to allowing me to start the inane drivel I used to put on the old forum.

Alan

Hi Alan. Long time no speak.
My advice would be to go through the easy checks and repairs and do that. These include changing fuel filter with a genuine one. It could also be a sticking egr valve which unfortunately have proven to be very difficult to clean.
Also suggest adding some cleaner to the fuel to clean rhetoric fuel system out. Good reviews on this BG cleaner members have used. There is a whole thread on it somewhere.
That gives you a start atelast.

Hey Alan. Good to hear from you mate.

As suggested by the lads, have the FF changed, and check for any vacuum leaks. Maybe clean the throttle position sensor with a little electrical contact clearner.

I would also go for a tank of the BG cleaner as Shabz has said. Enter code SUMMER. Comes to £16.99 delivered with a free funnel and 20ml Archoil additive which I have yet to test out.

http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/product.php/3/bg-244-diesel-fuel-cleaner

Alan, i do miss the comical drivel you used to post... so post away ;)

Well if you can ever get it up to me, I can run a series of tests in each individual component to check if they're operating within the set parameters and tolerances Honda have set.

Hi guys and gals

05 Honda Accord 2.2 cdti code p2138 and p1248 fault codes showing on diagnostic check ... which is leading me to think it may be the AAP sensor as I've cleaned the throttle body and sensor (it was full of *****).

This was probably because I've been running on Supermarket Diesel for a while due to the price of BP Ultimate.

I did have a remap about three years ago and so I'm loath to take the care to a main dealer just in case they change the map back to normal.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any help you can give me.

Cheers

Alan

Alan,

Have a look at post #25 on this thread , unfortunately the guy didn't get back to report that the problem was solved, but equally he didn't get back to say the problem wasn't solved either.

Good luck and good to know all is Ok otherwise :)