What's new

Throttle body coolant delete

Kaput!

Reaction score
Car
04 accord tourer 2.0
My 2.0 petrol runs as sweet as ever but one annoying problem its always had on hard/hot/long runs is intake heatsoak leading to a noticable drop in grunt.Now im aware this engine is maybe under powered especially in the tourer.That said it pulls really well initially but as things hot up you can really sense it struggling to get the cold air it needs.If anyone knows the climb either side of the pennines M62 then you can imagine this situation.
Anyway ive read different schools of though on this mod and after doing said journey last week i decided to remove little coolant hoses to throttle body.Im not looking to increase HP or anything silly like that as the K20 is designed for economy not really tunable etc.Im simply looking for the same throttle response when hot because this engine cant afford any drop in power dragging the tourer around lol.
Having driven it for a few days the transformation is remarkable with throttle/intake manifold temps much lower and no idle/stalling issues.
My question is has anyone else done the same? I intend to reverse mod if needed in winter if TB freezes or such but even here in the UK this sounds far fetched? Main priority is NOT harming the engine so any experiences or advice welcomed.