What's new

To flap or not to flap

Swervin Mervin

Members
Reaction score
Car
Jazz
So the question is.....do the mudflaps enhance or spoil the clean lines of the Accord?

I've managed to get hold of a full set for my tourer but can't decide whether to fit 'em or not.

What do you reckon?

I got some as well but convinced with the trough that will fill pretty quick with muck, so they still lay in the garage unloved.

They are not about looks they are about keeping mud off the bodywork so it's whether that is an issue or not.

I love mud flaps. Since lowering the car, they scrape on every speed bump, but as they're fairly flexible, I leave them on, that can take it ;) .

They have the trick of making the car look a little lower, especially on the tourer I feel. Also, I'm all for tourers looking a little bit more beefy and functional, bits hanging off them you know :lol: . Things like the mud flaps and plastic trim/scrape guards on the bumpers, wind deflectors and stuff. I'm all for.

Saloon however, I think wants to look a little sleeker. But as Cliff says, ultimately, do you want mud splattered up the side of your car?

imho they don't look good, but it's all about compromise between look and clean/stone chip free car, up to you, but I prefer look :D

I think oem mudflaps work well, i have them on my 6th gen and think they suit but ive got to have them as my car is Black, Low and i work in a Quarry :unsure: :)

Howdy guys. I appreciate the comments, I've owned the car for two years and haven't noticed any issues with the car getting muddy or chipped. Fitting the flaps is I am afraid a purely aesthetic exercise for me. :ph34r:

Well, I 'trial' fitted 'em today and to my surprise actually liked 'em. I thought they'd look like stuck on tat but after seeing 'em fitted the car seemed a bit 'naked' once I'd taken 'em off. They seemed to add a bit of width and chunkiness to the proceedings. :lol:

So what says you guys?

Before...

Without1_zps91479d4e.jpg

Without2_zps0d02b788.jpg

After...

With1_zpsfe12dafa.jpg

With2_zpsa06f36ec.jpg

With3_zps6d79874c.jpg

Without is a cleaner more urban look. With is more rustic & functional IMHO. But I like rustic & functional on an estate LOL. Loving those Epsilons.

I like them! They give the car a bit more shape. Mud flaps are cool ;)

C3A20F55-455A-4E09-BA3E-45DB92E9F86C-1258-0000026D81141980_zps0a8f8abe.jpg

Much better with mate. Like Cliff says, they really suit the Estate nicely. And like I said, even though I scrape my front flaps all the time on speed bumps, I still leave them on because they look nice ;) . Can't believe how good your Epsilons look man. They normally corrode something rotten!

Cliff, if you're interested in Epsilons mate, I've got a set for sale that need a refurb. They're fine other than cosmetic woes. Need a sand, some scratches filled and resprayed. They're in the For Sale Section ;) .

All fitted now. Easy job and I am quite chuffed with the extra 'chunkiness' the provide for the minimal outlay.

Yeh Steve...my Epsilon's are the best set I've probably ever seen. There is some damage to 'em but it's minimal and the crazy corrosion that most suffer with appears to have avoided mine. I've been after changing my wheels for a while now but if I'm honest I actually quite like the Epsilons and think they suit it.