What's new

Tourer Rear Sensors

jayok

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
CRV / S2000
Hi All,

I've deciced to fit rear parking sensors to my Tourer and I need to tap off the reverse light. Now I've checked the DIYs here any they are all for the saloons and I can't (don't want too!) get at the reverse light as it's in the tail gate. Would anyone have an idea where the wiring loom for the reverse light would break out?? It's somewhere for a tow-bar electics, etc as well.

Thanks!!

<edit> I'll do a DIY when I do this! :)

There used to be a brilliant DIY on fitting the Honda OEM module on a Tourer, but it seems to have vanished.

Bumper off, which boot panels to remove, electrics the lot. I really wish I'd printed it to keep :huh:

I look forward to your DIY, and then I might attempt it myself!

Ok - research has led me to a wiring loom over the right wheel arch. It looks like this is where the breakout is for genuine sensors and a tow bar. But this is just from wiring diagrams so I'll start stripping there!

I'll get photos up too.

Did you find out where the wires emerged as I'm doing this myself soon. Need to know where the reverse power wire surfaces in the car like you.

I never did get to fit the the rear parking sensors to the tourer, as I sold it shortly afterward on my plan. However, I did locate where to break out the reverse light signal. You need to strip off the rear interior panels on the right side of the car (as you look into the boot of the car). The break-out box is just over the wheel arch.

No problem - yeah the place is full of Hondas. Including 8th Gen 2.4 manuals. The potholes here are legendary, so you need a reliable car :)