What's new

Treatment of new clutch

padraig

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Ex i-CTDi
Hi guys,

As some of ye know, I'm getting my new clutch and flywheel fitted tomorrow. I'm wondering how I should prepare for this?

The car is currently remapped, should I put back the standard map for a while to let the clutch settle in?

How many miles should I leave the clutch settle in for? Should I not give full power for a long time?

Any other tips?

Thanks.

Remember the slip isnt a clutch issue or DMF issue, you will probably find both are okay. Its the pressure plate thats at fault and cant handle the torque even the stock ICDTI generates.

When I had mine done I didnt revert back to std, just took it easy on the clutch for 500miles and didnt go to mad with it for the next couple of thou.

Agree with Andy just take it easy and let the clutch bed its self in.
O and drive like miss daisy for a wile ;)

Yep there's no black art to it, just don't hammer or ride the clutch.

Remap or not, it is how heavy your right foot is... Give it 500 or so miles then enjoy.

Ok guys, thanks for the info.

The 500 miles though, does it matter how I clock them up time-wise? Would a >500 mile long journey in one day (city, motorway, country roads) be as sufficient as 500 miles over a week or two?

Ok guys, thanks for the info.

The 500 miles though, does it matter how I clock them up time-wise? Would a >500 mile long journey in one day (city, motorway, country roads) be as sufficient as 500 miles over a week or two?
Stops and starts is better for the clutch rather than motorway miles.
I had mine done at HH and the technician said that 500 miles is more than enough to bed the clutch in. Personally I took it easy for 1000 miles and have had no problems, mines also remapped.